Radio CD issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio CD issues

On my 95 Z28, the CD has taken ill. I was wondering if later OEM radio/CD decks would work as they are easier to find? OR, Is there a source that sells the OEM for my car. Thanks

Are your trying to stay OEM. I recommend aftermarket but if the case is that you want the Factory look (As I did on my car) Then I doubt that the earlier Mosoon stere's will work b/c they work with the amp thats in the back. I recommend a factory radio and change out all your Interior speakers. I did that and My system sounds awesome, But I have the Monsoon system.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

I believe this place will fix an OEM radio but for the price you can buy an aftermarket raadio with a lot more features.
      http://www.corvetteradios.com/

If you want an OEM "looking" radio you can put a Pioneer DEH-47 or 77 which is a 1.5 DIN radio in it.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Somewhere, I have a stock Bose unit out of my 94. If I can find it, I'll send it your way if you're interested.
        Dave

Independent AMSOIL Dealer

94 Z28 M6 - exhaust, K&N drop in, and lots of plans...

DD 98 Ram 2500 CTD (might be faster than my Z!)

Comment

It's pretty easy and cheap to get the OEM CD player fixed. The player component is removable from the radio chassis. I had one rebuilt for $60 a few years back and it has worked perfectly ever since.
          Tracy
          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
          Current Mods:
          SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

radio/CD follow up

I want to keep the OEM unit/look. Mine is a AM/FM/CD, but NOT Bose. Is there any reason that I could not use a Bose unit? If not, perhaps I may try for a local repair.

Thanks

Comment

Well, all the speakers that came with the original Bose system had small amps on each of them, so I'm not sure if the unit puts out a signal that just a speaker can use, or if it's just an amp signal. I know that when I first replaced it, to use my original speakers, I had to buy a mess of a wiring adapter to have it work with the original speakers. When I upgraded the speakers, I amped them all and just rewired the whole thing. Prolly saved at least 50 lbs in wiring.
              Dave

Independent AMSOIL Dealer

94 Z28 M6 - exhaust, K&N drop in, and lots of plans...

DD 98 Ram 2500 CTD (might be faster than my Z!)

Comment

Working...
              X