Bad Vibrations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Vibrations

So here it is guys the TA is running and its OK its not running as smooth as it should. When I am driving I get what I think is drive line vibration not sure what it is. It gets really bad after about 60 mph and stays thru, at first I thought it was the engine mounts so I changed them talk about a nightmare. I put a set of prothane on but it didnt fix it also I replaced the tranny damper as well. Any thoughts I am driving a 1996 ws6 tran am w/ no mods I am just trying to get it reliable everytime I get it going something else goes. Thanks again........

is it only when you reach speeds in excess of 60mph?
    -if yes, i would suspect a wheel or alignment issue
    -does it drive straight at those speeds? or does it pull one way or the other?
    -Ryan-

1997 Pontiac Firerbird Formula LT1/T56
    2006 Pontiac G6 GTP, 3.9L V6, 6-spd

Comment

Bad Vibrations

It drives fairly strait, I thought about that but it just doesnt feel like its coming from the wheels it feels more like the tranny or drive shaft or something.... Im sure it needs new shocks and all that goes with it......

Comment

driveshaft. There was a TSB about the issue, the steel driveshafts from the factory were usually out of balence, the fix was to have the dealer replace the driveshaft with the aluminum 1LE shaft.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
          driveshaft. There was a TSB about the issue, the steel driveshafts from the factory were usually out of balence, the fix was to have the dealer replace the driveshaft with the aluminum 1LE shaft.
          Yep, I had the same problem and switched to an aluminum DS. Runs great now.
          97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Bad Vibrations

So thanks for the help I will have to check it out, do you guys know if GM still honors the TSB. If not Ill have to order one do any of you guys have any recomendations.

Comment

GM 1LE aluminum shaft or an LS1 driveshaft.

Comment

I bought my LS1 DS used from Ebay.
                97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Sorry, but GM hasn't honored the TSB in 10 years.
                  Al 96 Ram Air T/A
                  Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Working...
                  X