Power Programmer? Recommended? Urgent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Programmer? Recommended? Urgent

Well I have the opertunity to get a Hypertech Programmer III for nothing. Is it worth getting or does it not make hardly any difference? I need to know Quick to either get it or not. What do you guys think?
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Why is there a question when it is free?

I"ll take it of you don't want it even though I have Autotap and LS1EDIT.

Comment

at the least you would have a scanner...... I use wait4me performance tune.
      2000 Z28 SLP sub frames, J&M LCA's, KYB shocks, Waitforme tuning. Ported TB & intake 35/22 swaybars, Firehawk tires

Comment

I know its kind of commen sense but i mean, If it does not do to much for like Fual/Air mixture or anything, I dont see any purpose since I would have to pay for a custom tune and Can do everything at once.
        Eddie
        2000 M6 Trans Am
        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

It will allow you to adjust for tire size and rear axle gears, if you change them- Will give you firmer shifts on an automatic

You can program top speed, IIRC

Will let you turn on the electric fans at a lower temp

Set shift points higher or lower on an auto

If you use their 'power programming' you will have to use premium gas- huh, do that already.....

They are 'married' to a VIN, so, if the previous owner didn't return his car to stock settings, it will be useless to you-

Not as good as a real tune, but a useful tool if you keep cahnging things on your car...
          2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
          "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

Yeah Thats what im scared of it being locked.Its either this programmer or a Superchips for a ford Diesel Truck, and that I can sell b/c its brand new. I think im going to pass. Plus im not about to run premium, To much $$$.
            Eddie
            2000 M6 Trans Am
            Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Willy
              It will allow you to adjust for tire size and rear axle gears, if you change them- Will give you firmer shifts on an automatic

You can program top speed, IIRC

Will let you turn on the electric fans at a lower temp

Set shift points higher or lower on an auto

If you use their 'power programming' you will have to use premium gas- huh, do that already.....

They are 'married' to a VIN, so, if the previous owner didn't return his car to stock settings, it will be useless to you-

Not as good as a real tune, but a useful tool if you keep cahnging things on your car...
              what he said
              2006 Saturn Ion Redline
              2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Working...
              X