Heres my A/C problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heres my A/C problem

Ok heres the deal. A few weeks ago while riding around I noticed the passenger floorboard was wet. Seeing how the heater core was changed about a year ago, I assumed that a heater hose clamp was loose and leaking into the car. All the clamps were tight. I set the car up for a few day to let the carpet dry. Drove it again for a few hours last week with the A/C on, once again there was water in the floorboard. This time I checked it...its clear in color and doesnt smell so I dont think its antifreeze. I let it dry out again, rode around yet again but with no A/C.....this time no water puddles. So now at this point I'm thinking the drain from the A/C box must be stopped up and backing up into the car. Today I crawled under the car to check it...it looks clear of any obstructions. What gives? I know I've GOT to be forgetting something? Anyone have some ideas? Suggestions?
    LarryMow-93 V6 Firebird-No engine mods-Z06 Wheels, '98 Taillights,'98 Center Console-SLP fan switch-BMR STB, F/R Swaybars, PHB,LCA,Torque Arm, SFC, Bilsteins, Eibachs....www.cardomain.com/ride/2489691/1

Looking clear of obstructions doesn't mean anything.

Poke something into it to be sure. If not, it's possible that the bottom of the evap case is damaged causing the water to leak onto the floor.

You may have to run the A/C and follow the water to the source.

My ride is here: http://www.cardomain.com/id/1995RAMAIR

Comment

ur drain is plugged, had a 97 ss maro at the shop last year with the same problem, found the drain under the car(passenger side by the manifolds if i remember correctly) took some brake line and gently pused it up the tube till it stoped and then blew some air. prolem fixed
      2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

yeah, i found the drain hole....probed around with a piece of coathanger, nothing came out though....no water, no leaves, no trash. I really really dont want to tear into my dash, but its beginning to look as if I may have to.
        LarryMow-93 V6 Firebird-No engine mods-Z06 Wheels, '98 Taillights,'98 Center Console-SLP fan switch-BMR STB, F/R Swaybars, PHB,LCA,Torque Arm, SFC, Bilsteins, Eibachs....www.cardomain.com/ride/2489691/1

Comment

Working...
        X