Trying to break 350HP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to break 350HP

hey guys i got a pretty stock LT1 its got a SLP twin tube intake right now and soon to have a borla catback with a magnaflow high flow cat and an electric cutout. im tryn to break 350 to the wheels then im doing nothing but supsension and cosmetics for a little while then ill get back to the power. i also have to rebuild the rear for im using the v6 rear cause the Z28 rear was all cracked and what not. my question is, what do i need to do and what am i looking at money wise to break 350 to the wheels. the ticker is at about 102k what would everyone suggest for power but also realiabilty and somewhat decent gas. itll be my DD and my trip home from NC to MD once a month. gas mileage im not worried about soo much but i wanna hit my power qouta. thanks for the help in advance.
    94 V6 A4~~LT1 M6~~383 M6 13.1 @ 109 with a 2.1 60' Sold/Stripped
    94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
    75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
    1992 Convertable RS 305/700r4 <<<Just a Beater
    GOT PSi?
    Good Cause Your Gonna Need It!!!

On your LT1 your looking at, hmm, I would say a cam, lifters, rockers and springs. And of course all the bolt ons. that should put you close.

The miles are up there but im sure it would be fine as long as compression is even across the board. MPG does not matter? I wish! ha ha ha
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

ahh military pays ok lol. can someone give me a little more detailed list of things i should buy? im thinking intake exhaust which i already got. MAF already got an airfoil. a/c delete pulley (wait untill end of summer .) and my cutout other then that im not really sure exactlly what to do and what kind of money im looking at.
      94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
      75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
      GOT PSi?

Comment

I gave you a general outline of what you might need.
        1. Cam- Custom grind or Off the shelf
        2. Roller-rockers
        3. LT+Y-Pipe+ No cats

That should put you close to your goal. Do some research to see the Prices. Your looking at I would say $1000-$2000 for In parts alone if you do it right. And by right i mean, Cam, Lifters, Push-rods, Rockers, Retainers,Springs, Seats and I would Maybe even run an Electric water pump. Then the LT's and the Fab work that goes along with exhaust. Some Injectors and Fuel Pressure reg.

You have to gain about 100 Extra HP bc you have to keep in mind that the LT1's stock do like 275 Stock at the crank. Thats about 250- 260 at the wheels. So you have your work cut out for you. But if you get it there Thats going to be sweet.

Its not as easy to do that as it is with an LS1. With bolt-ons on an LS1 those are the type of numbers you see but they Dyno 310+ at the wheels stock. Thats 50 more than the LT1's. The LT1's are Torque monsters though!.
        Eddie
        2000 M6 Trans Am
        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

yea i noticed that and the fact that if i give more then half throttle the 275s will break loose on me lol this is exactly what its like LOL. but yea i know its gonna be a little tough what would put me into 13.0 or less?
          94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
          75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
          GOT PSi?

Comment

Originally posted by 1slo_camaro
            yea i noticed that and the fact that if i give more then half throttle the 275s will break loose on me lol this is exactly what its like LOL. but yea i know its gonna be a little tough what would put me into 13.0 or less?
            Yeah should put you low 13's with that kind of HP and Equal Torque. Your going to have to invest in some better tires. 17" 275 should not break loose that easy.
            I have 16's and a 255 and I bearly break them loose if they are warm. Cold they slide like there's no tomorrow. I would recommend some 295 tires or bigger on an 11" wide wheel. That should keep everything in line. Get some ReLoc. Brackets, Control arms and Panhard and you should be set.
            Eddie
            2000 M6 Trans Am
            Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

I was able to get 13.0 at 107 with a stock cam and heads. Here was the combo:

ceramic coated Slp Headers, Random Tech high flow Y pipe, mufflex 4" catback. LT4 1.6 roller rockers, MSD, free mods, Airfoil, K&N, pulleys, ported MAF, 3.73 gears, worked 4l60E, Adjustable torque arm, pahnhard rod and relocation kit, LCAs and relocation brackets, , disconnected front sway bar, airbags, 1LE driveshaft, custom PCM tune, ET streets plus a bunch of little mods.

Actually, the 107 mph was before the 4" mufflex was added, since it was lighter than the borla and a higher flow, I might have gotten another .5 mph and a 12.9x. Sadly, the car was totalled before getting a timeslip with the mufflex. I still have all the parts for use at a later time. Mine was OK out of the box with a 13.89 at 101.5 but nothing to really write home about. At 13.0 and 107 it was a nice steet cruiser.

Comment

Nice Joe, Hey did you ever get to Dyno the girl before she passed on?
                Eddie
                2000 M6 Trans Am
                Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

well it was kinda chilly outside lol but right now with a gutted cat 3in exhaust and a slp intake if i hook and dont miss gears what could i be looking at? possibly 13.5?? maybe?
                  94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
                  75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
                  GOT PSi?

Comment

I knew a guy with a LT1 WS6 that was cammed, with 3.73s, Hooker LTs and a Cat-back putting down 298 rwhp untuned.

So...300+ is easily attainable...but 350+ will take work.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
                      Nice Joe, Hey did you ever get to Dyno the girl before she passed on?
                      Nope. No dyno even remotely close here in Sebring. I was curious myself, it seemed a little hotter than average when I test drove it new. It would have been nice to see what the numbers looked like.

I'm not going to make that mistake this time. When the 94 gets the new powertrain, it's going to be tuned on the dyno right away.

I can't wait. Jaw dropping performance and fair gas mileage considering the brutal power.

Comment

ok well maybe i will lower my goal to 300 then lol i just want to hit low 13s then it will just be looks and suspension cause where i hang out and whatnot 13s are pretty respectable cause most people have rice cars little primered civics with a fart can and they are just sooooooooooooooooooo fast.
                        94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
                        75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
                        GOT PSi?

Comment

hey joe i love the look of the center exhaust, if i remember correctly there was a post that slp stopped making them? (correct me if im wrong please) but can you point me in a direction of where i can find a set.
                          94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
                          75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
                          GOT PSi?

Comment

Originally posted by Christopherrr
                            I knew a guy with a LT1 WS6 that was cammed, with 3.73s, Hooker LTs and a Cat-back putting down 298 rwhp untuned.
                            Dude even with a cam it only put down 298? Wow. I would think it would be more

Originally posted by 1slo_camaro
                            well it was kinda chilly outside lol but right now with a gutted cat 3in exhaust and a slp intake if i hook and dont miss gears what could i be looking at? possibly 13.5?? maybe?
                            My brother 96 Z had a TB, MSD and coil, Shorties with random tech y-pipe, Panhard, 3" cat-back, K&N intake, and free mods plus Hypertech tune managed a high 13 second.
                            Eddie
                            2000 M6 Trans Am
                            Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

dang it this blows i dont even know if this swap was even worth it then. it seems like it should run better then that unless there is more done then what i know cause my BBC in my truck ran a 13.2 with radials and this thing seems to pull and pick up speed even at 100+ quicker and pulls harder then my truck did. idk ill just have to run it and see then post instead of making times up by theories and other peoples runs and whatnot. thanks though guys.
                              94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
                              75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
                              GOT PSi?

Comment

Working...
                              X