What year is my V6 Motor?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What year is my V6 Motor?

I have a 94 Firebird V6, the motor has been replaced, is there a way to tell what year my motor is?

The engine should have a derivative of the VIN for the car it was originally installed in. That partial VIN includes the model year of the vehicle. If it was a factory "replacement" engine, installed under warranty, it will not have that info.

Here's the photo of the VIN stamp on a V8 engine... not sure where it is on the V6. (Courtesy of Shoebox):

http://shbox.com/1/block_vin.jpg
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Thanks Injuneer, I'll try and find where the Vin # is on a V6, the last owner said he bought a rebuilt motor from a garage and had it installed, everything seems to work and the motor runs well except the water temp connection is different on this motor and he didn't hook it up.

I have not looked at the water temp sender yet (not even sure where it is) but I want to fix it.

Comment

Working...
      X