Firebirdy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
    For the most part, we are opposed to all of that stuff...

... but I am still hung up on your post which said you left your old 300ZXTT for a "real sports car" and bought this V6 Firebird... I'll say again... a 300ZXTT will smoke the car you just bought. I'm hoping you can straighten out some of my confusion...

yep!....I used to have a '90 300ZX TT, and the car would shut down all comers in the early 90's.....it was a real sports car......not sure why anyone would say anything differently
    DWS
    Silver M6 '95 Formula-sold to MCKNBRD

Zaino all the way!!

'03 Z06....Donaldson Blackwing, CAGS, '04 Z06 shocks, ceramic pads

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
      A '94 V6 is the 3.4L isn't it? That means he doesn't even have 200 HP, right?

The '85 L98 might have only had 230 HP, but it had to have had significantly more torque. I say this because I am looking at the numbers for the '91 L98... 250 HP, 340 ft-lbs of torque...

Up against a '94 V6 Bird, this is still a slaughter.
      That is correct, less than 200. That is why i figured a 50-75 hp nitrous boost would make him competative in a strait line.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of N20 on an otherwise weak engine, but if that is his goal on a budget, it is his best bet. N20 on a otherwise stout v8 is a different story.

I just do not like driving around with no power unless I hit the giggle gas. You gotta have at least a strong foundation to build on, IMO. You cant be hitting the nitrous out of every intersection in order to feel any kind of power..

FYI - the 91 L98 was a different motor than the 85. It had aluminum heads, rollercam... more refined. You are right, though in that TPI's are great for torque which the 3.4L V6 lacks.

Comment

Working...
      X