Need help, TPI into 1980 formula

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help, TPI into 1980 formula

Hello there. I have a 1980 firebird formula that I am installing a TPI motor/700R4 into. I have a few wiring questions. First, does anyone have a diagram for the lighting on the car? None of the exterior lights work on the car, and neither do the instrument cluster lights. I have one red/blk wire coming out of the firewall that grounds when the headlight switch is turned on. I also have a yellow wire coming out of the firewall, that I have no idea what it is for. Oh, also, the motor doesn't seem to be sitting on the mounts right, so I'm wondering if I used the wrong holes in the crossmember. It was originally a pontiac 301, and I moved the mounts slightly forward and slightly up from where they were for the pontiac motor. Is this the right spot? Does anyone have pics of where the mounts are supposed to be bolted for a chevy motor? Also, I read somewhere that the computer will go into failure mode if it doesn't see the vehicle speed sensor. Is this true? Cause the trans I have only has the provision for the mechanical speedo. Also, if anyone has put a 700R4 into a 2nd gen before, and knows what length driveshaft I need, that would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mike

Try this link. You may get more info there. Its geared for 2nd gen camaros but it might help you.

http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/index.php

LT4KM, 160' TS, MAF ends, TB-BP, GMPP 1.6 R/R, SLP CAI, LCA, Adj. tierod, BMR tower brace, 17x9"F/R, 275/40R17 GY F1 tires. WS6 Muffler, LS1 DS. 21mm rear sway bar. Soon to be LT4 heads, intake, & HOT cam

Comment

Working...
    X