wiring harness question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiring harness question

i need an automatic 94 z28 harness... my buddy has one out of a 95 caprice automatic... will that harness work or would i be better spending more money on a brand new 94 lt1 harness with 4l60e connections?

You might be able to cobble up the engine connections, but even those might be confusing. I would suspect the interfaces to the body connectors have major differences that will be a major complication. Its difficult to swap a 94 and a 95 F-Body harness, simply because of the body connector differences. And somewhere in the back of my mind, I'm thinking the B-Bodys may have gone to OBD-II a year sooner than the F-Bodys??????
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

you think this will work?... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting

Comment

Check Shoebox's diagrams of the body connector faces/pinouts. There are differences between 94 and 95. A particular issue would ne whether your 94 has the 2-relay (fan 1/fan 2) setup (early 94) or the 3-relay (low speed/high speed) setup (late 94). Then there is the change to the PWM torque convertor lockup in the 95's, although that appears to take an extra wire in the last pin in the connector, so that might not be an issue.

http://shbox.com/1/harness_connector_faces.htm
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I asked the seller " what additional wiring is needed? He replied:

"There are a few interface connectors on the factory harness that connect to other vehicle wiring. There are a couple near the PCM and there are a few under the passenger side dash. This wiring would have to be integrated into our harness. Our harness comes with a fuel pump relay. The factory vehicle is already equipped with a fuel pump relay. Our relay would have to be remove and the trigger wire tie into one of the interface connectors. Our harness also has a four position fuse block. Our fuse block would have to be removed and the power wires tied into the interface connectors. Using our harness is possible but wiring it into a factory vehicle to replace the OEM harness will take some time and wiring experience. "

So im unsure whether i should buy this harness or try to get an exact 94 used 94 auto harness or not...

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
            A particular issue would ne whether your 94 has the 2-relay (fan 1/fan 2) setup (early 94) or the 3-relay (low speed/high speed) setup (late 94).
            Would using SLP's manual fan switch be a good idea then?
            http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=63011

Comment

I wouldn't trust my engine to a manual fan switch as the only method to turn the fans on and off. And it may requires functioning relays. I really don't know.
              Fred

Comment

Working...
              X