A/C Issues with pics!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C Issues with pics!

My air conditioning used to work a little bit and the compressor finally shut off after the ref. finally leaked out and their was no pressure for it to engage. I haven't used it for a year and finally decided to fix it. I went out and bought a refill kit with a gauge and all, I then jumped the relay (b1-B4) and had the compressor running and pumped some ref. into the system. The reading went from like 5 psi to 100 after a few seconds and it still feels like their is alot in the can.
    The compressor now engages without having to jump it, so I suppose it has a sufficient amount in it?
    I also think I found my leak, after I shut the car off I heard hissing from this area. You could feel air at the top of the condenser coming out and the psi started dropping.

The condenser is all rusty on each corner, if this is leaking could this be my only problem, how do i let the pressure out to remove my condenser. Should i refill my dryer? Also, i found some condensers on ebay from salvage yards out of newer camaros and birds, will these work?

Thanks for looking!
    1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Go to the store and buy an A/C leak kit with Dye in it. Then you use a special light to see where the leaks are. You'll most likely are going to want to put a new dryer and seals in also. Then you'll have to get a vacuum pump and evac the system, and then you can re-fill it with fresh oil and freon.

Good luck..
    2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
    1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
    2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
    2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
    2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

I popped the condenser out and found the leak. It cracked down in the bottom. Also, the condenser said Britek on it? I dont think it was a gm part.

As far as the dryer, what are they composed of? should I get a new one?
      1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Comment

Working...
      X