A Window Motor Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Window Motor Question

i have read the shoebox article on replacing the window motor but the motor i bought didn't come with the screws shoebox talks about...what should i use to hold the motor in. What did you guys use?

96 Black A4 T-Top TransAm
    ARP Main Studs...ARP Head Bolts...Edelbrock Heads...CC306...Manley One Piece Pushrods...Stainless 1.6 Roller Rockers...Comp Guideplates...3000 Stall...MSD 6AL...BBK Shorties...Magnaflow Catback...Performabuilt Level 2 4L60E...NOS 150 Shot...98' Up Front End Conversion...Granatelli Air Lid(LS1 Style Intake)...MadTuner.com Tune

Run Your Car...Not Your Mouth!

Originally posted by BlackTA96
    i have read the shoebox article on replacing the window motor but the motor i bought didn't come with the screws shoebox talks about...what should i use to hold the motor in. What did you guys use?
    Replacement motors will come with nuts, bolts and lock washers.

Comment

even the ebay ones?? or did you buy oem from gm

ARP Main Studs...ARP Head Bolts...Edelbrock Heads...CC306...Manley One Piece Pushrods...Stainless 1.6 Roller Rockers...Comp Guideplates...3000 Stall...MSD 6AL...BBK Shorties...Magnaflow Catback...Performabuilt Level 2 4L60E...NOS 150 Shot...98' Up Front End Conversion...Granatelli Air Lid(LS1 Style Intake)...MadTuner.com Tune

Comment

The aftermarket motors from Autozone and the like come with nuts, bolts, etc.. It's not just oem. It's nothing you shouldn't be able to find at a hardware store, though you'll have to pull the door apart to get an idea of what you'll need.

Make sure you wear a face mask!! When you drill to find the rivets, the composite material will come apart and you don't want to be sucking that stuff in.

An extra set of hands will help. I did it myself just using Shoebox's instructions with no problems, but it's difficult to hold the motor and bolt in place while putting the lock washer and nut on.
        Joe K.
        '11 BMW 328i
        '10 Matrix S AWD
        Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

alright man...i'll have to try that...i'll let yall know how it works out

Comment

Well i replaced the motor last night..
            It was pretty easy following the shoebox guide.
            got it done in about an hour and a half buy myself.

Comment

Careful not to chop your hands off. Those metal joiners are like machetes.
              Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Working...
              X