LT4 blues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LT4 blues

yea well after an exhausting weekend i got my lt4 hot cam kit in my car and got everything back together good. well i decided to see how much my car ran better and i raced my friends 94 z28 stock with eibach springs. my car usually pulls past his but we ran dead even each time. it seems to run the same maybe worse with the cam in it than it did stock, so what im wondering if the madz28 tune will do the trick and make it do work or what the deal is. thanks for any input or if you have any lt4 cam experiences.
    '97 Trans Am - B&M Short Throw - B&M Line Lock - k&N Cold air - 6 speed - Lt1 T-Tops - Lowered

a tune would def. help.

i dealt with madz28. i'd probably try pcmforless next time around.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

ok ill have to check them out. i dunno im just dissapointed with the money for just a lopy idle
      '97 Trans Am - B&M Short Throw - B&M Line Lock - k&N Cold air - 6 speed - Lt1 T-Tops - Lowered

Comment

if u just changed the cam and not any other support mods, dont expect much. the intake/heads/exhuast can only flow so much stock, also u need a tune and prob an upgraded fuel system
        2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Are you sure you got the timing gears aligned properly?
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

im almost positive i checked it several times, i was damn deprived of sleep though so its hard telling but im sure i did. i may pull the timing cover off cause i was dead even with my friend and i usually just pull past him.

o and today i did a test for exhaust gas in my coolant and it showed up positive. so im leaking antifreeze in there too which may have something to do with it. so why the heads are getting ported before i put them back on i may yank that timing cover.

Comment

If you're losing coolant into the exhaust you can kiss your o2 sensor readings goodbye. Silicones used in the coolant will contaminate the o2 sensor element and skew the readings. between that and loss of combustion effeciency, no wonder it ran flat. Also, degree the cam. Don't just go by the dots. Often times the cam gear is 100% accurate!

Comment

Not to thread jack~~but my understanding was that the DEX COOL is silicate* free....?

*not sure about silicone-free...
                -Ryan-

1997 Pontiac Firerbird Formula LT1/T56
                2006 Pontiac G6 GTP, 3.9L V6, 6-spd

Comment

Working...
                X