96 Vette rims on 93 t/a

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 Vette rims on 93 t/a

anyone know what needs to be done to put a set of 96 Vette Rims onto the 93 T/A It appears the offset is going to be ok since I already have 18x10's on the rear and 8's on the front, oh also these are the saw blade style rims, i know they aren't the best but I like em.
    93 Red Trans Am, LT1, Auto, Custom CAI, Polished TB (mostly just looks nice lol), Flowmaster Catback, on headers, cam, and a few other goodies to get here. Debating on which electric water pump to use and whether or not MSD is that much better on these cars than the opti. More to come later.

The factory 1996 Corvette wheels are 17x9.5" 56mm offset. They will fit correctly. You may have to open up the hub hole in the rear wheels, to fit over the oversize rear axle hubs that were used on the 93-96 F-Bodys.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I'll try to find a few pics, I had those on my T/A for about 6 months. They fit fine, on a 93 you'll have to take a dremel to the inside centering hole of the two rear wheels in order to slip over the Pontiac's hubs.

Comment

http://www.f-body.com/forum/showthre...571#post153571

93-02 Trans, Camaro, etc.. are a direct fit.

Comment

Originally posted by bugaboo
          http://www.f-body.com/forum/showthre...571#post153571

93-02 Trans, Camaro, etc.. are a direct fit.
          No they are not a direct fit on 93s. 93 Camaro and Firebird require the pilot hole to be opened up a couple thousanths or the wheel will not slide over the rear hubs and fit flush. While I cannot be sure exactly when the factory changed rear hub sizes, it was already in effect in 97 and yes.... vette wheels will fit on the f-body hubs.

Comment

Working...
          X