Window Motor Toast Again!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window Motor Toast Again!

Lasted 2 years on my driver side motor. I rolled it down eariler and went to store tryed to role it up and didn't move. came back hit motor and it went up.
    funny thing is it didn't even act like it was going out till just now. thought my switch was toast. I tested the switch worked fine. funny thing is i only put 6k miles on car in 2 & Half years.
    1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Next time you replace it, open up the motor and solder a chunk of copper over that crappy built in thermal circuit breaker. It works like a charm, and the motor still does not have enough power to really hurt someone that might get stuck in the window.

I tried replacing mine without altering them, and they were slowing back down after less than a year. No more problems.

There are threads on other forums with pictures if you need help. It's really pretty simple to do.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
      Next time you replace it, open up the motor and solder a chunk of copper over that crappy built in thermal circuit breaker. It works like a charm, and the motor still does not have enough power to really hurt someone that might get stuck in the window.

I tried replacing mine without altering them, and they were slowing back down after less than a year. No more problems.

There are threads on other forums with pictures if you need help. It's really pretty simple to do.
      Well I just fixed it. I had the Lifetime Warranty Motor Glad i bought that.

Is the Passenger Side Motor same as Driver side?
      1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ

Can we get a Link???
        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

also lube up the tracks, it can only help the motor
          2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
            Can we get a Link???
            here you go, it's the best one I could find.

http://www.camaroz28.com/forums/show...thermal+bypass
            Tracy
            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
            Current Mods:
            SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by 96FirebirdFormula
              Well I just fixed it. I had the Lifetime Warranty Motor Glad i bought that.

Is the Passenger Side Motor same as Driver side?
              Yes, both sides are the same.
              Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Working...
              X