Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window Adjustment Help

Hey guys,

I've been trying to adjust my drivers side window the past couple of days (with the help of shbox's guide) and I finally was able to get the gap between the top of the window and t-top pretty tight, but now when I squirt the window with a hose, water is getting all in my door! I can't seem to figure out how to fix it either and its driving me crazy. No matter how I adjust the window, I seem to always have leaks. I'm driving down to Maryland Thursday, and it would be really nice not to have to worry about my window leaking like crazy... Any help is really appreciated!
    1996 Trans Am M6 (T-Tops)
    Mods:
    "Race Ready" Rebuilt T56
    Pro 5.0 Shifter
    Crane 1.5rrs
    Comp high tech pushrods
    Pacesetter Longtubes and ORY
    SLP Loudmouth II
    SLP Cold air intake
    PCMforLess Tune + 160 thermostat
    UMI adjustable panhard
    UMI LCAs and relocation brackets

The water is running down the outside of the window into the door?
    Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

Adjustments can be very tedious. One affects another, so sometimes it just takes a lot of tries.
      Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

This might be a really dumb question but is it normal for water to get into your door? Now that I looked at the passengers side window, it seems as though water gets in there too because water was coming out of the holes on the bottom of the door (i'm guessing these are drain holes?) when I sprayed it with water. I have the window as tight as its going to get against the outside weather stripping and water still gets in....
        1996 Trans Am M6 (T-Tops)
        Mods:
        "Race Ready" Rebuilt T56
        Pro 5.0 Shifter
        Crane 1.5rrs
        Comp high tech pushrods
        Pacesetter Longtubes and ORY
        SLP Loudmouth II
        SLP Cold air intake
        PCMforLess Tune + 160 thermostat
        UMI adjustable panhard
        UMI LCAs and relocation brackets