This folks, is why you inspect your brakes regularly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird

Whats the camaro got for a powerplant???
    LT1 with a 6 speed. From what I can tell, it had no a/c, no fog lights, no power options, cloth interior, hard top, base radio, regular antenna, large sway bars with either urethane or hard rubber bushings, salad shooters, standard mailbox slot exhaust, but I wouldn't know the increased rate springs if they bit me. I am going to have to look for the oil cooler.

Guys, the a/c was added to a non a/c car by the dealer at the request of the previous owner. I have the invoice for the conversion. Here in Florida, a/c is mandatory!

Comment

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
      Those are good, but one time I saw a rotor worn into the cooling fins - no joke.

Isnt the 1LE just a pontiac thing???

Whats the camaro got for a powerplant???
      4th gen Firebird 1LEs are more rare than Camaros. They all had the standard LT1.
      Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Crap... checked the car when I got home and no oil cooler. Oh well, so much it being a 1LE. Looks like it's as close to being one as you can get without actually being one. The previous owner had removed so much for weight reduction, I doubt that he would have removed that. I still say it out handles my WS6.

Comment

The bushings and sway bars make a huge difference. I put a suspension under my old 80 and the change was incredible. I know that car would out handle my 96.

96 TA Sold!
          87 TA Sold!
          80 Z28 Sold!
          74 Formula Sold!
          73 Z28 Sold!
          69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
            Crap... checked the car when I got home and no oil cooler. Oh well, so much it being a 1LE. Looks like it's as close to being one as you can get without actually being one. The previous owner had removed so much for weight reduction, I doubt that he would have removed that. I still say it out handles my WS6.
            I don't know, Joe. The oil coolers were not all that great. There still may be a chance. At any rate, sounds like you got a fairly decent car.
            Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Working...
            X