• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time For A Tranny Rebuild!

well my tranny needs to be rebuilt...i found this red eagle rebuilt kit

part # 14-2http://www.transmissioncenter.net/al...ower_packs.htm

what other parts do i need to buy?

i have an installer all ready lined up...says he'll do it for 350 if i get the parts

96 Black A4 T-Top TransAm
    ARP Main Studs...ARP Head Bolts...Edelbrock Heads...CC306...Manley One Piece Pushrods...Stainless 1.6 Roller Rockers...Comp Guideplates...3000 Stall...MSD 6AL...BBK Shorties...Magnaflow Catback...Performabuilt Level 2 4L60E...NOS 150 Shot...98' Up Front End Conversion...Granatelli Air Lid(LS1 Style Intake)...MadTuner.com Tune

Run Your Car...Not Your Mouth!

I would replace the torque converter and go with a beast sun shell too.
    Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

i already have a 3000 stall in it

ARP Main Studs...ARP Head Bolts...Edelbrock Heads...CC306...Manley One Piece Pushrods...Stainless 1.6 Roller Rockers...Comp Guideplates...3000 Stall...MSD 6AL...BBK Shorties...Magnaflow Catback...Performabuilt Level 2 4L60E...NOS 150 Shot...98' Up Front End Conversion...Granatelli Air Lid(LS1 Style Intake)...MadTuner.com Tune

Comment

It's a shame you aren't just around the corner. I have a trans that is pretty fresh with a hardened sun shell, 23 element low sprag and performance clutches. That's the parts you want to do in your rebuild. A hardened sun shell is pretty much a must, same goes for a more robust low sprag. Those two parts are failure prone on stock transmissions. Also add the largest aux trans cooler that you can fit. The cooler the fluid, the longer it will last.

Comment

what is the largest i could fit??

i was talkin to a friend of mine thats gonna rebuild it for me...
          he said to get a beast sun shell, red or blue clutches, a Z pack for the 3-4 clutch pack, and a corvette servo.
          is that all i'll need??
          what kinda prices am i lookin at??

thanks for yalls help

Comment

Working...
          X