Rims And Tires!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rims And Tires!

well im thinkin about getting these rims...
    my question is will they fit on my ta??
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18-10...mZ280241126297

what size tire should i go with in the rear?
    was thinkin like a 315/30

96 Black A4 T-Top TransAm
    ARP Main Studs...ARP Head Bolts...Edelbrock Heads...CC306...Manley One Piece Pushrods...Stainless 1.6 Roller Rockers...Comp Guideplates...3000 Stall...MSD 6AL...BBK Shorties...Magnaflow Catback...Performabuilt Level 2 4L60E...NOS 150 Shot...98' Up Front End Conversion...Granatelli Air Lid(LS1 Style Intake)...MadTuner.com Tune

Run Your Car...Not Your Mouth!

Im not sure but I think you need to run an 11" wide rear to run the 315 tire in the rear. considering the rear is an 18" rim im not sure you can run a 315 at all on a 11" wide rim due to the Diameter of the wheel, You would have to run a rubberband as a tire.

I say a 275 fronts and 295 Rears with a nice thick sidewall would look nice!
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

i ran 315/35's on my old mustang and it had 10.5" tires...
      im just concerced about rubbing issues

ARP Main Studs...ARP Head Bolts...Edelbrock Heads...CC306...Manley One Piece Pushrods...Stainless 1.6 Roller Rockers...Comp Guideplates...3000 Stall...MSD 6AL...BBK Shorties...Magnaflow Catback...Performabuilt Level 2 4L60E...NOS 150 Shot...98' Up Front End Conversion...Granatelli Air Lid(LS1 Style Intake)...MadTuner.com Tune

Comment

Originally posted by BlackTA96
        i ran 315/35's on my old mustang and it had 10.5" tires...
        im just concerced about rubbing issues
        You mean a 10.5" wheel?

A mustang and an f-body are like apples and oranges. The main issue is with rubbing. Say you do get that tire on the wheel. Now the issue is with the backspace and the correct offset. For sure ur going to have to hammer in the inside of the Wheel well in the front inner part of the well. Then an adjustable Panhard is Mandatory so you can center the axle in the event that its not.

My brother is running 17X11 ZR1 wheels and it runs fine. He is running the nitto DR's on there no sure the Sidewall size. Fred can Chime in and fill you in with what exactly needs to be done.
        Eddie
        2000 M6 Trans Am
        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

lol..yea i meant rim

but yea that was my question...i know those tires will fit that rim but i just don't know about the clearance and stuff

Comment

Why not go with this set. No problems.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/17-Ch...spagenameZWDVW
            97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

true...and tires are cheaper

those are only 9.5's tho...whats the widest tire i could run on that rim?

Comment

17x11 with 315 on back is Sweet
                1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

Im running 295/35/18s on the rear 18x10.5 rims. NO rubbing. I did get a adj panhard and trim the bump stops down. My fronts are 275/40/17's on 17x9.5 rims. (ZO6's)

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/k...Picture426.jpg
                  2000 Z28 SLP sub frames, J&M LCA's, KYB shocks, Waitforme tuning. Ported TB & intake 35/22 swaybars, Firehawk tires

Comment

The wheel that was linked is 18x10.5" with a 58mm offset. That calculates out to about an 8.0" backspace. That's slightly more than the 7.93" backspace of my 17x11 50mm wheels. I had to hammer the inner wheel wells and cut the projecting edge off the jounce bumper bracket. That's with a fairly fat 315/35-17 BFG Drag Radial. With the 18x10.5 and 58mm offset, the problems would be slightly worse. A narrower tire would reduce the fender liner problem, but the wheel would probably still catch on the jounce bumper bracket when you jacked the rear of the car. Another possibility would be a thin spacer to gain a little room on the inside edge of the tire, but I don't like spacers on the drive wheels.

Tire Rack lists a couple of 315/30-18 tires that say they will fit on a 10.5" wide wheel. Yes, the sidewall will be 1/2" less than the 315/35-17, but its hardly a "rubber band". The BFG 315/30-18 Drag Radial recommends at least an 11.0" wide wheel.
                    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
                    X