Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water leaking underhood when it rains

Hi Guys!

I have a 1997 firebird formula with 25,447 actual miles on the clock. I noticed that when it rains my car misses.

I took and ran a water hose on the windshield and opened the hood water runs all across the whole under the hood area below the wiper cowl.

This made my car start missing. I stopped and it cleared up.

Is this normal that water runs across the whole under cowl area onto the engine and other parts under the hood?

What could I do to fix this. Now no water is leaking into the car on the inside.

Thanks Lee!
    Lee Stroud in West Virginia

Is the big thick gasket that seals the area between the cowl and the hood still in good condition. At times, I've removed that gasket to provide under hood cooling at the track, and it does allow water to pour onto the engine, mostly in the area of the computer.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Hi Injuneer!

Yep, it is still there but I don't know how think it is.

Thanks Lee!
      Lee Stroud in West Virginia

Comment

Working...
      X