Waterpump Driveshaft Seal How-To ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waterpump Driveshaft Seal How-To ?

Hey i know you guys say there is a trick to putting the waterpump driveshaft seal in without making it dented but i can't seem to locate it on the threads or on shbox's site does anyone have a few tips for me.

Thanks,
    Sean
    1997 Camaro Z28 Pacesetter Long tubes, ORY-Pipe, Accel 30# Injectors, MSD Cap & Rotor, MSD Super Conductor Wires, NGK Irdium TR55IV Plugs, and Borla Catback. Madtuner Tune, SLP High/Low fan switch, NGK o2 sensors

New Longblock at 110,947 and everything above.

The trick is to cut a 2 inch wide strip of plast from a two liter soda bottle. Form a tube and slip it into the drive seal opening. as you slip the seal over the shaft and press into the cover, the plastic sleeve keeps the seal from tearing. Once the seal is seated, take pliers and pull the plastic sleeve out.

Comment

thank you joe

hopefully the last time i do this seal haha
      1997 Camaro Z28 Pacesetter Long tubes, ORY-Pipe, Accel 30# Injectors, MSD Cap & Rotor, MSD Super Conductor Wires, NGK Irdium TR55IV Plugs, and Borla Catback. Madtuner Tune, SLP High/Low fan switch, NGK o2 sensors

New Longblock at 110,947 and everything above.

Comment

http://www.impalasuperstore.com/nais...TOPIC_ID=30984
        Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Working...
        X