What Rear Do I Have?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Rear Do I Have?

Guys this will be a no brainer for those of you who know the details of the F-body so please don't send me hate mail LOL!

What rear end do I have in my '95 Z? It is an A4 car. Does it have posi from the factory or do I need to order a posi unit, if so which will I need? And what gears do I have? And just for good measure what is a livable gear for the street with this tranny? 3.7:3 okay?

Sorry for asking so many Q's, but you guys seem to have a ton of knowledge.
    There is no problem so great that cannot be resolved with the right amount of explosives!!!

'94 LT1/A4 Clone Stock (for now)
    '94 S10 Vortech 350/M5/Ford 8.8 Rear/3&3" Drop (shelved temporarily for the above clone)
    '09 Jeep Liberty (Her's)
    '99 Blazer (Mine)

If you have a selectable first gear, then you have 3.23s. If 2nd is the lowest your shifter goes, then 2.73s. 3.73 is the most you'll want to go with one of these if you plan on driving on the street. And yes, it has a posi from the factory.

Comment

so 4.10's aren't streetable in these cars???

96 Black A4 T-Top TransAm
      ARP Main Studs...ARP Head Bolts...Edelbrock Heads...CC306...Manley One Piece Pushrods...Stainless 1.6 Roller Rockers...Comp Guideplates...3000 Stall...MSD 6AL...BBK Shorties...Magnaflow Catback...Performabuilt Level 2 4L60E...NOS 150 Shot...98' Up Front End Conversion...Granatelli Air Lid(LS1 Style Intake)...MadTuner.com Tune

Run Your Car...Not Your Mouth!

Comment

in my experience which ima find out soon i wouldnt run 4.10 with a A4 maybe with a M6 but not a A4
        94 V6 A4~~LT1 M6~~383 M6 13.1 @ 109 with a 2.1 60' Sold/Stripped
        94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
        75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
        1992 Convertable RS 305/700r4 <<<Just a Beater
        GOT PSi?
        Good Cause Your Gonna Need It!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackTA96
          so 4.10's aren't streetable in these cars???
          Only with a double overdrive 6 speed. you could go with 4:10s on the street, but your cruise rpms will kill ya.

Comment

Open your glove box and look for the following codes:

GU2 - 2:73
            GU5 - 3:23
            GU6 - Manual 6 Speed
            Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Cute Dog

You guys rock!

Good looking pup there DJ (My girlfriend is a Vet so needless to say we are animal lovers) we have a 6 month old boxer.

Thanks as ususal, the info is greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by DJ Taso
              Open your glove box and look for the following codes:

GU2 - 2:73
              GU5 - 3:23
              GU6 - Manual 6 Speed
              There is no problem so great that cannot be resolved with the right amount of explosives!!!

'94 LT1/A4 Clone Stock (for now)
              '94 S10 Vortech 350/M5/Ford 8.8 Rear/3&3" Drop (shelved temporarily for the above clone)
              '09 Jeep Liberty (Her's)
              '99 Blazer (Mine)

Comment

Working...
              X