Suspension Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension Questions

Well im ready to start upgrading my suspension...What all should I upgrade??
    this car is still a street driven car but will still make some trips to the track...

and when it comes to suspension im really not to sure about it...so if you guys could put some explanations with your sugested parts it would be much appreciated

thanks guys!!

96 Black A4 T-Top TransAm
    ARP Main Studs...ARP Head Bolts...Edelbrock Heads...CC306...Manley One Piece Pushrods...Stainless 1.6 Roller Rockers...Comp Guideplates...3000 Stall...MSD 6AL...BBK Shorties...Magnaflow Catback...Performabuilt Level 2 4L60E...NOS 150 Shot...98' Up Front End Conversion...Granatelli Air Lid(LS1 Style Intake)...MadTuner.com Tune

Run Your Car...Not Your Mouth!

http://www.umiperformance.com/index.php

i love that company ive seen some of the show work and some work in action on the track i would defintaly recommend them. they are good prices to.
    94 V6 A4~~LT1 M6~~383 M6 13.1 @ 109 with a 2.1 60' Sold/Stripped
    94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
    75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
    1992 Convertable RS 305/700r4 <<<Just a Beater
    GOT PSi?
    Good Cause Your Gonna Need It!!!

Comment

+1 for UMI

Your first addition should be subframe connectors. Those will give you a real seat of the pants difference in how the car feels.

From there, it's up to you.

You might want to add a signature to your profile with your car info.
      Your user ID suggests '96 TA but the more info the better.

To do that go under QUICK LINKS and EDIT SIGNATURE.
      My DD
      2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Also keep in mind that whats best for Drags is bad for Auto-X or handling.

So let us know what kind of racing your going to be doing and then we can help you out.
        Eddie
        2000 M6 Trans Am
        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Its going to be street drivin car, but i want it to hook at the drag strip, i want a mild drag suspension,...so its still streetable

when it comes to subframe connectors is there a major difference between bolt on and weld in??

(And I just added my mods to my sig.!)

ARP Main Studs...ARP Head Bolts...Edelbrock Heads...CC306...Manley One Piece Pushrods...Stainless 1.6 Roller Rockers...Comp Guideplates...3000 Stall...MSD 6AL...BBK Shorties...Magnaflow Catback...Performabuilt Level 2 4L60E...NOS 150 Shot...98' Up Front End Conversion...Granatelli Air Lid(LS1 Style Intake)...MadTuner.com Tune

Comment

There was a good article in High Performance Pontiac a few months ago on subframe connectors.

From the article:
            Originally posted by High Performance Pontiac
            There are two common varieties of subframe connectors-weld-in and bolt-on. The weld-in type offers maximum benefit, as its design solidly links the front and rear framerails together. Installation, however, is fairly permanent, and cutting or grinding on the framerails, floor pan, and/or connectors is required if the units must be removed for any reason.

Bolt-on subframe connectors are far less permanent. A pair can typically be installed without significant modification to a vehicle's framerails or floorpan. Well-designed units fit snugly, while reducing body flex and improving ride quality.
            Read the full article
            HERE.
            My DD
            2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

If your going to be doing mainly Drag I recommend just the 2 point SFC not the Double Diamond ones. The DD design is more for Auto-X and I personally think it will make the car to Ridgid and Make it a tad harder to make the car hook.
              Eddie
              2000 M6 Trans Am
              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

also check bmrfabrication.com

great quality, budget pricing.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                  also check bmrfabrications.com

great quality, budget pricing.
                  I bought a bunch of stuf from BMR and everything is top quality.
                  http://www.bmrfabrication.com/ (no S )

Another good company is http://www.spohn.net/
                  2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

has anyone had experience with both types of SFC??

Comment

Working...
                    X