Really Stupid Tranny Q

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really Stupid Tranny Q

Please do not black list me for this one...

Will the A4 in my coupe work with my LT1 as they are both A4 cars? Are they the same tranny?

The tranny in my coupe has been rebuilt and has a new converter. If I will work I can save some $$$$, that means a bigger budget for "GO FAST PARTS!"

TIA Injuneer. LOL! You are my Guru.
    There is no problem so great that cannot be resolved with the right amount of explosives!!!

'94 LT1/A4 Clone Stock (for now)
    '94 S10 Vortech 350/M5/Ford 8.8 Rear/3&3" Drop (shelved temporarily for the above clone)
    '09 Jeep Liberty (Her's)
    '99 Blazer (Mine)

I'm sorry I have not kept up with your posting so I don't know what year and engine of your cars. Can you state what year and engine size for both cars? A signature would be helpful.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder

Will the A4 in my coupe work with my LT1 as they are both A4 cars? Are they the same tranny?

The tranny in my coupe has been rebuilt and has a new converter. If I will work I can save some $$$$, that means a bigger budget for "GO FAST PARTS!"

Create a Sig. Helps out a lot.
      Eddie
      2000 M6 Trans Am
      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder

the V6 and V8s have different bellhousing. i forget which V6 was basically a SBC minus 2 cylinders(4.3L?) but that sixer didnt come in our f-body
        2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

700R4 tranny

It is a 700R4 and since it is behind the 3.4 it uses a different bolt pattern. Also the abuse from the LT1 will be way to much for it anyway. Hey, I answered my own Q!!!

I'll work on a sig, thanks!
          There is no problem so great that cannot be resolved with the right amount of explosives!!!

'94 LT1/A4 Clone Stock (for now)
          '94 S10 Vortech 350/M5/Ford 8.8 Rear/3&3" Drop (shelved temporarily for the above clone)
          '09 Jeep Liberty (Her's)
          '99 Blazer (Mine)

Comment

Working...
          X