Drag set up question. Urgent!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drag set up question. Urgent!

Well Im running my car Saterday And I know that a Lowered car Does not hook as well as stock Height. I was thinking for just the races, Put the stock Springs in the rear?

Do you guys think that will help with hooking better?

Im going all out (100 Octane, Gutted, Skinnies in front, No Fron SB) so im pushing to beat my best times.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Stock springs will help. So would airlift bags, lower control arm relocation brackets and an adjustable torque arm set at -2 to -3º

Comment

Well I have the Reloc. Brackets and Control arms Joe. I dont have time to order the air bags but for the sake of right now stock springs will help out right?
      Eddie
      2000 M6 Trans Am
      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

you got DR's on that thing?
        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
          you got DR's on that thing?
          I got them but Im not going to run them. I dont wanna blow the rear-end. Keep in mind my cars stick.
          Eddie
          2000 M6 Trans Am
          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
            I got them but Im not going to run them. I dont wanna blow the rear-end. Keep in mind my cars stick.
            what track do u guy to I want to go when I get my gears,but somesone said I might have problems cause im a vert,I wouldnt use the DR's a read some were that f-bodys have weak rearends
            2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Comment

What track??
              1997 Trans AM WS6 vert
              1 of 463
              LT4 knock module
              D. Goetz sub-frame connectors.
              strut tower brace
              SLP fan switch
              160* t/stat
              Drilled and slotted rotors/ Earls SS brake lines/ Hawk pads
              DMS 1.5" progressive lowering springs

Pictures Here

Comment

Originally posted by DHolmes
                what track do u guy to I want to go when I get my gears,but somesone said I might have problems cause im a vert,I wouldnt use the DR's a read some were that f-bodys have weak rearends
                WOW now that was hard to read!

Im going to California Speedway in the city of Fontana. Its the only local 1/4 track in the area.. The next one is in Palmdale which is about a 2 hour drive.

Yeah I dont wanna blow the rearend b/c yeah the Ten bolt is known to be the weak point of these cars but with pushing stock power im sure ill be doing pretty good on street tires on low PSI.
                Eddie
                2000 M6 Trans Am
                Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Now you may be going the other way with "octane"..... you don't need 100-octane fuel in a basically stock engine. What's the track elevation at Fontana? I think Palmdale is around 3,000-ft, so you don't need as much octane, and you won't make as much power due to the elevation.
                  Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Palmdale has closed (RIP LACR) I might try to get out there this weekend if its not to hot

Start/Finish Line 1121.27 ft above sea level according to track facts

http://www.californiaspeedway.com/tr...o/track_facts/
                    1997 Trans AM WS6 vert
                    1 of 463
                    LT4 knock module
                    D. Goetz sub-frame connectors.
                    strut tower brace
                    SLP fan switch
                    160* t/stat
                    Drilled and slotted rotors/ Earls SS brake lines/ Hawk pads
                    DMS 1.5" progressive lowering springs

Pictures Here

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
                      Now you may be going the other way with "octane"..... you don't need 100-octane fuel in a basically stock engine. What's the track elevation at Fontana? I think Palmdale is around 3,000-ft, so you don't need as much octane, and you won't make as much power due to the elevation.
                      The elevation at Fontana is pretty close to sea level. So should I just run 91 octane? What If I run like 2 gallons of 100 octane to prevent any pinging or whatever it is.
                      Eddie
                      2000 M6 Trans Am
                      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by BadWS6
                        Palmdale has closed (RIP LACR) I might try to get out there this weekend if its not to hot

Start/Finish Line 1121.27 ft above sea level according to track facts

http://www.californiaspeedway.com/tr...o/track_facts/
                        Wow its higher than I thought. Hmmm.

LACR is closed down? Damn that sucks!
                        Eddie
                        2000 M6 Trans Am
                        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by DHolmes
                          Please try to use grammar when posting. I now have a headache. Anyway, im runing a 335hp LT1 with a T56, Drag Radials, 3.73 Gears & a stock rear. No problems so far. But every rear is a little different.
                          No F-Body right now

Comment

Originally posted by Mark B
                            Please try to use grammar when posting. I now have a headache. Anyway, im runing a 335hp LT1 with a T56, Drag Radials, 3.73 Gears & a stock rear. No problems so far. But every rear is a little different.
                            What kind of RPM are you dumping at? Or are you easying it in?
                            Eddie
                            2000 M6 Trans Am
                            Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

without DR's i dont know how much better your 60 foot can get.
                              97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Working...
                              X