Torque Converter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torque Converter

I am looking to buy a Torque Converter for my 1999 Firebird. What would be the best brand to buy and does anyone know what size?? Thanks for the help!
    NEW: 2004 Nissan 350Z Touring
    1992 Caviler Z24 -Winter car
    1999 Firebird
    Ram air hood
    Full Borla catback exhaust
    K&N air filter
    Headers
    WS6 air box
    Shift kit
    Intake

The Vigilante Torque Converter Is Very Popular!

But very pricey as well. B&M Sells them for your type of tranny as well, and are a lot less expensive. I've been wanting to get one from SLP, they're inexpensive and have a slightly higher stall, which doesnt sacrifice much drivability. Just make sure you get one that retains the lock-up feature an is compatible with your 4L60-E Transmission.
    1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

WHy are you changing your torque convertor? If your looing for higher stahl, never buy one "out of the box". Have it made custom. It not as expensive as the B@M or others and the stahl speed you request will actually be correct. You cannot build a mass produced convertor with a prdetermined stahl for multiple vehicles. Stahl speed MUST be tailored to the individual car.
      96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
      11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Working...
      X