More Bad News!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Bad News!!!

i just went and filled up and my motor is DONE!!!! the noise is sooo much worse now i think something reallybad happened lol idk how exactly to explain it but i know for sure its on the pass. side and in the rear of the motor. so idk what to do. but if anyone has any suggestions of anything just let me know. thanks
    94 V6 A4~~LT1 M6~~383 M6 13.1 @ 109 with a 2.1 60' Sold/Stripped
    94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
    75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
    1992 Convertable RS 305/700r4 <<<Just a Beater
    GOT PSi?
    Good Cause Your Gonna Need It!!!

Stop driving it? You're just doing more damage. Hard for anyone here to say what's wrong with it sight unseen. Pull the valve covers off and look for any obvious problems there.
    Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

its my daily driver and sunday i have to drive 2 hours regardless of the condition it has to go or im takin a bus lol. any LT1 should work correct? cause im looking on summit for a new long block but they all say 96. can i get a 96 LT1 and put it in or no? thanks again
      94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
      75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
      GOT PSi?

Comment

If you had a 94 LT1 there are going to be some differences. 94 is OBDI, 96 is OBDII, so you'll have some wiring issues.
        Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

Originally posted by 1slo_camaro
          its my daily driver and sunday i have to drive 2 hours regardless of the condition it has to go or im takin a bus lol.
          As was mentioned, hard to tell without being there.

BTW, if it's not fixed.......take a bus or you'll likely end up on the back of a flatbed.

Comment

yea thanks for the words of encouragement joe lol damn i forgot about the OBD1 and 2 thing. i havent checked SHOE Boxes. site yet does anyone know the valve lash on these things. ima yank the covers tomorrow and try to adjust them
            94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
            75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
            GOT PSi?

Comment

nvm nvm nvm i found it thanks shoebox
              94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
              75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
              GOT PSi?

Comment

You can use an 96 long block in a 94. The only physical difference is the hole for the crank position sensor on the timing gear cover, and as long as you plug that hole up, there is no problem. You would also have to use the 5 kOhm knock sensor out of your 94, in place of the 100 kOhm sensor from the 96. But they probably don't include the sensors in the long block anyway.

Other than those two very minor points, there is no difference between OBD-I and OBD-II as far as the long block is concerned. And you would gain the benefit of a vented Opti with a 96. Don't worry about it.

You have to describe the noise... what does it sound like? ... does it increase with rpm? ...is at a hammering sound or a squeal? ... can you pin it down with a stethescope?

How did the person you bought the swap-over engine from describe its condition? ... how many miles? ...how did the oil look when you drained it? .... did you hear it run in the other car?

Don't panic. Don't drive it, until an experienced mechanic or gearhead listens to it.
                Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

ok thanks for the 96-94 block fred. about the other car i drove the car everything was fine it just happened when i went to the track wed. ok here is what i know and everyone i talked to. i still hold very good oil pressure. it sounds top-end. i pulled the covers today. nothing is cracked broke extremely loose or anything of the liking. ummm i cant really think o anything else. i really wish i could find someone to look at it but i just dont have the time to wait.
                  94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
                  75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
                  GOT PSi?

Comment

Working...
                  X