Pulling the motor What MODS???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulling the motor What MODS???

ok ok ok so i just say to heck with it ive got my engine shop rebuilding me a stock LT1 for 1900. while the motor is out i wanna re-do the tight fit stuff like i planned on doing before but didnt. im thinking:

Clutch
    Full Exhaust (Headers, Y-Pipe, Mid, and Muffler)
    Plugs
    Wires
    Water Pump

what would everyone suggest, ima ask my bank for a loan and just buy it all, all in one shot. and nedless to say i dont have that kind of cash laying around. mainly headers and clutch what would you guys say for the BEST money isnt much of an option i just need to pull a loan lol but through my MILITARY BANK i get 0% interest forever. so hopefully you guys can help thanks
    94 V6 A4~~LT1 M6~~383 M6 13.1 @ 109 with a 2.1 60' Sold/Stripped
    94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
    75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
    1992 Convertable RS 305/700r4 <<<Just a Beater
    GOT PSi?
    Good Cause Your Gonna Need It!!!

For a clutch Im not to sure about the LT1 Set-ups. I dont know if they have the same Slave set-up as an LS1 or Else I would totally recommend the LS7 Clutch kit.

For Exhaust Some LT headers with some High-flow cats or an ORY with a really good Muffler. If you run the LT+ORY i would recommend a resonator before the axle and a muffler after b/c if not its going to be very very loud.

I would recommend the Opti to be changer, Do the plugs and wires and make sure the Intake oil leak is address before its put into the car.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

ok yea well the intake leak and all its gonna be all brand new gasket set and everything and ima wrap any pipes and everything close to the intake and covers. im hoping with the headers i buy i can get rid of all the piping around my gasekts maybe im wrong IDK im just sooo overwhelmed with everything going on ive been soo stressed out lately.
      94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
      75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
      GOT PSi?

Comment

If it were me, I would replace the clutch throwout bearing while it's apart. As far as mods, I would have the heads ported and perhaps a mild cam. those will pay large dividends when you start adding other modifications along the way. Heck, you could even wait on the headers until money and time permits, since the motor is out the heads can be addressed easily.

Comment

yea im just on a really low budget. well i just had a guy call me he has a 99 SS A4 cammed runs constant 12.9s he wants 7k for it but he wants a 6spd. i mentioned i had what i got and he said very very low cash and my car. my car has a demolished dash cracked windshield diff. bump and fender and a v6 rear and his car is in pristine condition he is a pastor at a local church and an avid dragstrip goer and wants to build an all motor 10.0 LT1 its like his own little challenge thing and wants my car to do it all in since the interior is already partially disassembled lol
          94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
          75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
          GOT PSi?

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
            For a clutch Im not to sure about the LT1 Set-ups. I dont know if they have the same Slave set-up as an LS1 or Else I would totally recommend the LS7 Clutch kit.
            Won't work. The LSx and LTx clutches are exact opposites. The LSx engine us a conventional "pusher" type clutch, with the slave cylinder mounted on the front cover of the tranny, concentric with the input shaft. The slave pushes the clutch release fingers forward, to release the clutch. The LT1 is a one-of-a-kind "pullback" design, with the slave mounted on the bell housing, and a fork pivoted off the front tranny cover. The fork pulls backward on the clutch release fingers to release the clutch. Can't mix and match.
            Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Thanks for clearing that one up Fred, I had no idea.
              Eddie
              2000 M6 Trans Am
              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

hey thanks for that fred. now another question what would you recommend for a really good clutch holding up to 500hp for a street/strip type of car?
                94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
                75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
                GOT PSi?

Comment

When I built my stroker, I also added a McLeod Street Twin that I got used from a friend (T56, Street Twin, bellhousing ballistic explosion blanket and an SLP "Hurst" shifter for $1,000). No downside, other than a modest increase in pedal pressure, but a brutal clutch, able to stand up to 5,000rpm clutch dumps on a 500HP stroker on 26" slicks.
                  Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

DAMN!!!! i would be happy with something to hold 3000 rpm dumps cause i dont plan on running slick or anything over a really nice street radial ya know? and 1000 is a little steep in price i would love to be able to but its a Daily Driver with the occasional track time and street playin
                    94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
                    75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
                    GOT PSi?

Comment

If it's out already I think it's pointless to do a stock rebuild.

atleast throw so some good pistons and rods in it. your crank will hold quite a bit. some LE2 heads and cam will do nicely, with full exhaust. definately replace the clutch and throw out bearing. I would throw a spec or Mcloud in.

oh and one more thing REPLACE THE OPTI

Fred I would imagine that clutch would hold alot more than that.
                      '95 T/A Conv., Green, Tan Top
                      '00 T/A Silver
                      '86 Chevy RCSB 4WD (LS1 to go in)

Comment

Originally posted by strkt_&_blwn
                        If it's out already I think it's pointless to do a stock rebuild.
                        http://f-body.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21625

Fred I would imagine that clutch would hold alot more than that.
                        I never found the limits of the Street Twin, but I never launched with the 300-shot of nitrous. It came out of a 30th SS convertible (4,000# race weight) with a blown 383 that was making about 800HP at the time he decided to switch to an automatic.
                        Fred

Comment

Working...
                        X