Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th Gen Dash Swap in my 3rd gen?

Hey everyone,
    Im toying with the idea of putting a 4th gen LS1 camaro dash, center & door panels in my 3rd gen. My current interior is the only thing on my car I dont like. 3rdgen.org has a pretty good write up on how to install the 4th gen parts. Im only hesitant because it invloves triming the brackets that the factory dash mounts to. What do you guys think? Should I go for it or just try to spruce up the factory interior?
    No F-Body right now

I would just keep it original, but that's just me...
    Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
      I would just keep it original, but that's just me...
      I agree. Could end up being a real headache too. I like the 3rd-gen interior. It may be 'dated' compared to new cars... but most new cars have cheesey looking interiors... but that's just me
      Matt

1998 Firebird 5-speed
      2005 Pontiac Sunfire 4-door 5-speed

Comment

I agree. That sounds like a huge headache. Maybe you could just "update" the original dash. Especially if it has that WOODGRAIN crapolla all over it.

And why can't i type WOO in lower case with out the big red X?
        Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

That whole question is so subjective. It boils down to the whole issue of what you would rather have. On the surface, it seems like a daunting task. In reality, a dashboard swap is not all that difficult for those with patience. The only part that can be a pain is the wiring conversions for the gauge cluster.

I just remembered something. If you don't want to do a dash swap, how about a cluster swap? I just happen to have a complete digital gauge cluster for your 91 sitting in storage. I could let you have that for a steal.

Comment

I love the 4th gen dash, and I'm not crazy about the 3rd gen dash. I would do it if I were you.
            97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

That would be awesome. The 3rd gens interior is, in kind words, outdated. The 97+ Camaro interiors are nice, The door panels on the other hand, are very plain.

That would be one Original 3rd gen!
              Eddie
              2000 M6 Trans Am
              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by Mark B
                Hey everyone,
                Im toying with the idea of putting a 4th gen LS1 camaro dash, center & door panels in my 3rd gen. My current interior is the only thing on my car I dont like. 3rdgen.org has a pretty good write up on how to install the 4th gen parts. Im only hesitant because it invloves triming the brackets that the factory dash mounts to. What do you guys think? Should I go for it or just try to spruce up the factory interior?
                www.thirdgen.org everything u ever wanted to kno bout the 4th gen dash swap
                2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

A guy that I buy some of my used parts from did this swap in his 3rd gen and it looks killer. Heres a link to his page showing all his mods to his car including this particular mod. http://www.ms-fbodies.com/jade_ta.htm
                  LarryMow-93 V6 Firebird-No engine mods-Z06 Wheels, '98 Taillights,'98 Center Console-SLP fan switch-BMR STB, F/R Swaybars, PHB,LCA,Torque Arm, SFC, Bilsteins, Eibachs....www.cardomain.com/ride/2489691/1

Comment

Working...
                  X