One more silly Q

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One more silly Q

On the V8 swap checklist it says that the dash harness has to be swapped. Okay, potentially stupid question follows:

Does this apply to the harness that comes through the firewall for the from the computer harness or does this mean rewiring the entire dash (ie climate controls, stereo, dash lights etc)?

Sry for the stupid tranny Q in my last post, I new the answer when I posted it. Damn!
    There is no problem so great that cannot be resolved with the right amount of explosives!!!

'94 LT1/A4 Clone Stock (for now)
    '94 S10 Vortech 350/M5/Ford 8.8 Rear/3&3" Drop (shelved temporarily for the above clone)
    '09 Jeep Liberty (Her's)
    '99 Blazer (Mine)

Create a Sig. Once again, for those who have not followed your every post.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

hey buddy!!!!! as far as i had the problem with the dash was just a security module. do you have the motor and everything in yet? i swapped out everything. you do have to pull the dash out cause right next to your airbag there is a security module and i had to replace that with one from the other car. im not sure if you "HAVE" to but mine wouldnt run if i didnt replace it
      94 V6 A4~~LT1 M6~~383 M6 13.1 @ 109 with a 2.1 60' Sold/Stripped
      94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
      75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
      1992 Convertable RS 305/700r4 <<<Just a Beater
      GOT PSi?
      Good Cause Your Gonna Need It!!!

Comment

To create a signature, click on "Quick Links", right end of the blue bar at the top of the screen. One of the options on the drop-down is "edit signature". Click it, and fill in the signature field.

All you are accomplishing by refusing to create a signature is irritating people.... not a good way to get help. How can anyone have the slightest idea what dash harness you are talking about, when you haven't even narrowed down what year your car is..... they made the F-Body for 36 years.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Sig... see this!

I have made 2 atempts at making a sig as requested however...

"There seems to have been a slight problem with the F-Body Message Board database.
          Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience."

Need I say more?
          There is no problem so great that cannot be resolved with the right amount of explosives!!!

'94 S10 Vortech 350/M5/Ford 8.8 Rear/3&3" Drop (shelved temporarily for the above clone)
          '09 Jeep Liberty (Her's)
          '99 Blazer (Mine)

Comment

Thanks David!

1slo,
            Thanks David. You know what I was looking for. Whew! That is what I thought, but feared the worst.

No, my business has me hopping and an unexpected trip to Miami FL have retarded my efforts, however I should have the motor out and torn down this weekend. Off to the machine shop Monday!!!! Wish me luck.

For the record I decided to port and polish the heads and intake. Step up the TB and hang a 3 inch exhaust sys on it with a Comp Cams valvetrain and bump stick. 2500 rpm stall and we go Vrrooooooom! Until the rearend give out anyway. LOL

Suspension mods will be next!!! (after the rear, maybe a Mosier)

'09 Jeep Liberty (Her's)
            '99 Blazer (Mine)

Comment

hey no problem man just call if you need anything else
              94 V6 A4~~LT1 M6~~383 M6 13.1 @ 109 with a 2.1 60' Sold/Stripped
              94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
              75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
              1992 Convertable RS 305/700r4 <<<Just a Beater
              GOT PSi?
              Good Cause Your Gonna Need It!!!

Comment

Working...