Power Antenna Over-Ride

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Antenna Over-Ride

Was thinking of installing a switch to over ride the power antenna when playing a CD.

Found on Brent Franker's site a link for it but it doesn't work.

http://www.members.shaw.ca/ritc1/Antenna.html

Anybody has an idea how to do this?
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

i think all u have to do is find out which "pin" on the relay lets the motor bring the atenna down, then just wire up a switch that supplies it power
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

On my stock radio its the pink wire coming off the harness.
      2000 Z28 SLP sub frames, J&M LCA's, KYB shocks, Waitforme tuning. Ported TB & intake 35/22 swaybars, Firehawk tires

Comment

So do I just wire in an on / off switch?
        97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

On my camaro thats what I did. the pink wire is the "signal" wire. I do have an aftermarket ant. It has its own power source.

There are three connectors on the back of the radio. The two 10-pin connectors are clipped together and plugged into the same socket on the back of the radio so that they look like a single 20-pin connector.

C1 is the black 10-pin connector and the pins are number 1-10. C2 is the black 9-pin connector for the CD changer and the pins are numbered 7-15. C3 is the gray (or white) 10-pin connector and the pins are numbered 11-20. All these connectors are numbered from right to left when looking at the connector with the locking tabs on top and the wires coming out the back.

C1 - Black 10-pin connector
          1 - GRAY - left front speaker negative
          2 - TAN - left front speaker positive
          3 - DARK GREEN - right front speaker negative
          4 - LIGHT GREEN - right front speaker positive
          5 - BLACK - ground
          6 - BROWN - parking light input (lets the radio know when headlights are on so it will dim the display)
          7 - GRAY - dash light dimmer input (controls brightness of radio control illumination)
          8 - PINK - (Firebird) power antenna output
          9 - YELLOW - ignition controlled power
          10 - ORANGE - battery power (for radio memory)

C3 - Gray (or white) 10-pin connector
          11 - GRAY - (Convertible) amplifier sensor
          12 - not used
          13 - not used
          14 - DARK BLUE - steering wheel controls input
          15 - not used
          16 - DARK GREEN w/WHITE - (Camaro) vehicle speed sensor input for automatic volume
          17 - LIGHT BLUE - right rear speaker negative
          18 - DARK BLUE - right rear speaker positive
          19 - YELLOW - left rear speaker negative
          20 - BROWN - left rear speaker positive

C2 - Black 9-pin connector for CD changer
          7 - not used
          8 - not used
          9 - Bare - drain wire
          10 - DARK GREEN w/WHITE - right audio signal
          11 - BROWN w/WHITE - left audio signal
          12 - BLACK w/WHITE - audio return
          13 - BLACK - ground
          14 - DARK GREEN - power
          15 - not used

Link Here: http://www.houston-f-body.org/tech/monsoon/index.htm

Comment

Thanks,

Once I get into installing the switch for the cut out valve I'll pull the radio and check it out.

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

THis is a lot easier than doing all that. All I did was bridge the main power cable that accuates the ant. and mount the switch somewhere you want. Ill post pictures tomorrow if you want. It took me about 30 minutes total.
              Eddie
              2000 M6 Trans Am
              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
                THis is a lot easier than doing all that. All I did was bridge the main power cable that accuates the ant. and mount the switch somewhere you want. Ill post pictures tomorrow if you want. It took me about 30 minutes total.
                Sure would appreciate it.

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
                X