Just start already!¿

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just start already!¿

i cleaned my bay the other day making sure i didnt get water in the carb or on the distributor. fired it up and put it back on the drive. the next day i figured i wash the rest of the car. started it up and it sounded like it was choking. would run smooth but with a little gas would shake and put a little. so i poped off the cap and wires to see if there was water or w/e and figured i would give it time to dry up a bit. put it back together and now it wont start at all. its killing i need my car its my dailey driver. im sure everything is hook up correctly.. does anyone know what else could be happening? im smashing head against the wall over here. and i have empty pockets. so i cant take it to a shop. /
    1987 Formula Firebird
    GM crate 350 5.7L carburated
    MSD, Edlebrock intake and carb, Dynomax headers

check the timing and make sure the wires arent arching and that they are in the correct firing order
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

OK so im am for sure without a dought 100% retarded.. i had the wires mixed up on the disributor, i move each one counter clockwise one post and it fired right up no questions asked. ITS ALIVE!!! thanks Trash man for the help
      1987 Formula Firebird
      GM crate 350 5.7L carburated
      MSD, Edlebrock intake and carb, Dynomax headers

Comment

im sure everything is hook up correctly..
        Lol, famous last words. We always try to overcomplicate things and overlook the obvious. Glad to hear you got 'er up and going again.
        Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

gald i got it figured out. there are two wires u can cross and the car will run. sounds like a helicopter but it will run
          2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Working...
          X