Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Off topic... ya know what getting really sick?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off topic... ya know what getting really sick?

Used to be when we were kids, Christmas decorations were put up the day after Thanksgiving. There used to be an air of anticipation, the entrance of Santa Clause in the Thanksgiving day parade, the wonder of the overnight transformation the day after Thanksgiving. Now, the malls and such have their Christmas decorations and merchandise up during Halloween. Right now in my mall, it's 86 degrees outside and Santa is sitting here in the center of the mall pushing the photo opportunities. Has the quest for the almighty dollar gone so far that they can't even wait for Thanksgiving? I for one, am boycotting the decorations until Thanksgiving, known in retail as Black Friday. I do manage a retail store in a mall, but refuse to put up the decor before it's time. Now that I'm done ranting, I am going to ignore the jolly fat man in the mall until the proper time.

I always wanted to get a pic of my arm wrestling Santa with presents in the background.

I know what you speak of. Gotta find the real reason for Christmas.
    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Yea I couldn't believe it either. JCPennys at Northlake Mall put up their decorations at the beginning of September. I couldn't believe it.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

That is one thing that bugs me about living here in Canada. Being from Texas, it's like Joe said, the decor isn't up until after Thanksgiving. But, Canadian thanksgiving is in early October, so of course right after it the Christmas decorations go up....in businesses and on houses. My canadian wife gets mad at me cause I won't put up the Christmas lights until after December 1st. heheh I don't care if it is already snowy out by then, it just aint right to do any different.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Right on Joe! I hate it with a passion. I hate the mall period, but premature Christmas is repulsive!
          96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
          11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

I won't go anywhere near a mall until about the beginning of February. There are too many morons there for me to handle at one time.

Andy
            '94 Formula M6, XE224/230 w/1.6 RR's, hardened pushrods, Comp R lifters, SLP ceramic coated shorties, Random Tech cat., Flowmaster cat-back, CSI water pump, vented opti, PCM tuning by Spraytheway, BMR k-member, SFC's, DSL, LCA's & brackets, adj. PHR
            339 RWHP, 341 RWTQ
            '00 S-10 ZR2

Comment

Working...
            X