Service Engine Soon Light

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service Engine Soon Light

Ok the light comes on so I hook up the scanner an it says no trouble codes found.

What the Hay is going on. Anybody got any input.
    Thanks
    Blazer

What scanner did you use?
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I have a Auto X ray Its a good one Can do OBD 1 an OBD2 an all cars.
      Blazer

Comment

Does the scanner confirm connection to the PCM, and show all other data - just "no codes"? Did you pull power to the PCM before you connected the scanner?
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Yes it confirms everything. Shows all data or what ever you want to see.But when you get done checking codes. It says no trouble codes found. But the light will come on an stay on when you drive it.I guess I will take it to this place I go to an have them scan it an see what happens.
          Blazer

Comment

If it were me, I would reset it and see if the light goes out. If there is a problem, the light will pop back on and you might get the code.

Comment

Ya I thought about doing that. I will try that.
              Blazer

Comment

Ok did that an went 5 miles before the light came on. I will rescan it an see what happens.
                Blazer

Comment

Working...
                X