Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LT4 Hotcam kit...

LT4 Hotcam kit

I am debating getting this as my next mod. A little something to hold me over untill I can buy the Heads and Intake. Seems like a good place to start, and people seem to be getting some incredible #'s on stock heads. Any pro's/con's? Or should I just save the dough for something better.
    1995 Firebird Formula
    (A4 3.23)Ram Air w/ K&N, TransGo Shift Kit w/3 washers ,SLP~Shorty headers, LoudMouth, Air Foil, LineLocks. Catco Cat. Hypertech 160. TB Bypass. MSD~8.5mm. Walbro 255lph. FT MAF ends. LT4KM. BMR~Adj LCA's, Rear sway, Panhard rod. HAL QA1 rear shocks. Random Tech adj TQ arm. Nitto NT555R's. Covered in Zaino. 13.466@103.85 N/A. [1.948 60' 13.410 @ 102.66 11/20/05]

Re: LT4 Hotcam kit...

Originally posted by Formulaboy95
    LT4 Hotcam kit

I am debating getting this as my next mod. A little something to hold me over untill I can buy the Heads and Intake. Seems like a good place to start, and people seem to be getting some incredible #'s on stock heads. Any pro's/con's? Or should I just save the dough for something better.
    make sure you get the extreme duty timming chain and gears to go with it.

and make sure you get a good pcm tunner to redo your pcm. i recommend the best, Ed Wright of Fast Chips. he did mine.. and that was 4 years ago when we did the hot cam in my Comp TA.. no problems ever...emission testing passed with flying colors.. power band smooth and precise.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

good cam even with stock heads. there are probably better ones out there for stock heads, but if you are going to do the LT4 heads and intake later, then its a good choice in my opinion.
      96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
      11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

ken i have bought my hotcam kit piece by piece. as of now i have the cam, springs, locks, retainers and 1.6 roler rockers, what else do i need other than the timing chain and an intake gasket to complete the install?~gunter

1996 Trans Am WS6 #34
        http://www.cardomain.com/id/gunter96ws6

Comment

How hard is it to do? Ah, looks like I will need to get some new tools Looks like the cost is getting a little higher with all the gaskets, tools, pcm programming, LT4KM, Timing Chain, etc. hmmm might have to wait a week or 2. Time for some planning and research.
          1995 Firebird Formula
          (A4 3.23)Ram Air w/ K&N, TransGo Shift Kit w/3 washers ,SLP~Shorty headers, LoudMouth, Air Foil, LineLocks. Catco Cat. Hypertech 160. TB Bypass. MSD~8.5mm. Walbro 255lph. FT MAF ends. LT4KM. BMR~Adj LCA's, Rear sway, Panhard rod. HAL QA1 rear shocks. Random Tech adj TQ arm. Nitto NT555R's. Covered in Zaino. 13.466@103.85 N/A. [1.948 60' 13.410 @ 102.66 11/20/05]

Comment

Working...
          X