Double dilemma in passenger door

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double dilemma in passenger door

The woofer is blown in the passenger door of the SS and music sounds like crap. I have been planning to open the door panels and change it soon... but...

...Last weekend, the power window motor came to an abrupt halt with the glass about halfway. Later, after cooling, the poor motor reluctantly chugged the glass to the top.

So... it is time to go inside the door. I've never done this before.

I know these topics have been discussed thousands of time on message boards and I could do a lenghty search, but I would rather ask my expert friends here what their (current) advice could be.

It's the monsoon system with the wacky ohm problems. Replacing the system (or getting upgraded speakers) is no option; I'm going stock replacement.

Question: Can I purchase the woofer separately or is the speaker an all inclusive unit?

Other question: What is the best brand of replacement window motor and where is the best pricing?

No dealer involved! This will be Saturday work in the near future.

Without experience doing a Camaro door, I know I can search the instructions. But.....

Final question: Will someone post links to the best instructions available? (for both jobs)

Thanks, ya'll...!

Window motor replacement instructions.
    Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Yeah, that's the site! I used it when I did my window motor- I would recommend buying the cheapest one that comes with a lifetime warranty, if you plan on keeping your car for more than a couple years- Autozone, NAPA, they all stock them-
      2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
      "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

Thanks, ya'll.

Comment

Working...
        X