TH350 Swap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TH350 Swap

Well i want to put a th350 into my car. I've got everything figured out except for the torque arm and the crossmember. I know a few of you on here have already done it. Could yall help me out and let me know how yall did it.

And another question I had was how do you get the speedometer to work with the th350

Thanks

96 Black A4 T-Top TransAm
    ARP Main Studs...ARP Head Bolts...Edelbrock Heads...CC306...Manley One Piece Pushrods...Stainless 1.6 Roller Rockers...Comp Guideplates...3000 Stall...MSD 6AL...BBK Shorties...Magnaflow Catback...Performabuilt Level 2 4L60E...NOS 150 Shot...98' Up Front End Conversion...Granatelli Air Lid(LS1 Style Intake)...MadTuner.com Tune

Run Your Car...Not Your Mouth!

I think I might of found my solution...but this says its for a 98-02...will it work on my 96...if not what will i have to do to make it work??

thanks

96 Black A4 T-Top TransAm
    ARP Main Studs...ARP Head Bolts...Edelbrock Heads...CC306...Manley One Piece Pushrods...Stainless 1.6 Roller Rockers...Comp Guideplates...3000 Stall...MSD 6AL...BBK Shorties...Magnaflow Catback...Performabuilt Level 2 4L60E...NOS 150 Shot...98' Up Front End Conversion...Granatelli Air Lid(LS1 Style Intake)...MadTuner.com Tune

Run Your Car...Not Your Mouth!

Comment

Just upgrade to an adjustable torque arm that includes the body mount, like the Spohn.

When I installed the TH400, I had to get the VSS from a mid-90's Chevy pickup (I believe it was the one from the 454SS). Then check to insure the reluctor gear on the TH350 puts out 40 pulses per rev of the output shaft, like the 4L60E, or the speedo will be way off.

You will also have to have the PCM programmed to eliminate the electronic tranny controls, or you will be staring at the SES light forever.

Hopefully you really like to hear the engine rev, because without an overdrive gear, its going to be screaming at highway speeds. With 4.11's and street tires, I was running close to 4,000rpm at 70mph, hence the addition of the Gear Vendors overdrive unit.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I have that torque arm that Fred posted, I like it. very nice piece.
        '95 T/A Conv., Green, Tan Top
        '00 T/A Silver
        '86 Chevy RCSB 4WD (LS1 to go in)

Comment

I've been running Spohn torque arms for more than 9 years.

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Just use this

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/misc/TCC013.jpg

Its for 93-97's for use with a TH350
            1994 Z28 Camaro-Project carbed 4th gen
            1995 Silverado-beater truck
            2005 Colorado Z71-Daily driver

Comment

Working...
            X