Tires?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tires?

i need something that is going to hook really really good im expecting somewhere around high 300 close to 400 hp right now and the BFG's i got right now are not hooking at all but i also need something that will be able to hold up to long distant runs on 95 so what would you all suggest for a set of 17's
    94 V6 A4~~LT1 M6~~383 M6 13.1 @ 109 with a 2.1 60' Sold/Stripped
    94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
    75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
    1992 Convertable RS 305/700r4 <<<Just a Beater
    GOT PSi?
    Good Cause Your Gonna Need It!!!

Start by going to tirerack.com and finding what is available in the size you are looking for- then read the reviews- find out what people are experiencing with the tire you are looking at- give you a feel for what performance and feel you will get-

Generally, the two things you are looking at are mutually exclusive- if you want tires that hook well, you want sticky, soft compound- and a tire like that is going to wear fast- if you get the 50,000 mile tires, they are hard, so they won't wear- and they aren't very soft or sticky- everything is a compromise-

I am finding, with going to the 17 inch tires and 40-series sidewalls, that the tires are a lot more 'darty' on the road, following grooves and tire ruts- and they ride a little harsher- seriously thinking about going back to the 16" that came on my car, but the 17" tires look so good- fill the wheel wells nicely, wide, low- more compromises I guess-
    2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
    "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

Working...
    X