Run in with Konner Chevrolet...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Run in with Konner Chevrolet...

I've just had a bit of a bad experience with the local chevy dealership service dept.

To be fair, I've been there a few times now to get work done. They've always been very proffessional and I never had a complaint before now.

Driver's window motor went out and I don't have the time or patience to tackle it myself so I took it down there. Got it back, price was what it should be...all very nice. Till I get in the car and notice that the tint is now coming loose along the edge and there are a couple of scratches in it in the middle of the window!!

So I'm a little upset, but I'm civil about it and very upfront. Take it back in they look at it. Owner comes out and asks a few questions. Owner makes a crack about it being illegal possibly. "Car's registered in FL" I say. In the end we talk and they say to fax them an estimate to fix it in the morning. Well, luckily I have the day off and I get a couple quotes in and fax them over. Dealer owner calls me back:

"This price looks too high"

I say "Well I got 3 quotes on the work"

Him "Still looks too high"

Me "If you dispute the charges please talk to the shop...I'm not an expert on window tint"

Him "Well there's really know way to tell if my guy caused the problem, you can't really see it"

Me "It was quite plainly visible when I got in my car after the sun went down. There's no reason for me to lie about this" I'm a Naval Officer mind you and live and die by my word. Besides, I'm not short on money and don't need to lie to get my car fixed. I really take offense at the remark.

Him "Well it's not serious, if it starts to peal off then maybe we'll talk"

There was more said, but there's no need to get into it. I was really very restrained through it all. Anyway, the guys at the tint place recommend to me I challenge the repair charge t through the credit card company. To be truthful, I hadn't thought of it. But I called them and they agreed so I'm going to follow those procedures.

Man am I pissed....The owner really doensn't give a cr-- about his customers nor does he feel responsible for his employees actions.

I was really beginning to think I had found a good dealership....I really want to, but now I have to add this to my list of bad dealership experiences.....Really I'm more dissappointed than mad. I would've probably bought a car from them in a couple years had this gone differently...

Sorry....had to vent about this one. Anyone have any experience in disputed charges???? This is my first
    Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

well...

ANY time I have had a dispute via the credit card company they have asked no questions, and they have stopped the charge. I don't know what happens after that but I was not involved. They have always been very resonable about it and it sounds like you would have no problem.
    NBM '02 Z, SLP Lid, Corsa Cat-Back
    (SOLD 07/03/2004)

Comment

Yea I thought I found a good dealership, Jim Ellis Chevrolet, in Doraville, Ga. LOL This past weekend I changed the oil in my car. First time under it since they did the air pump recall. I noticed when I got the car back from the recall that the hose that goes to the intake pipe between the filter and the MAF was missing. I went in and asked the guy about it. Well of coarse the mechanic was gone. He said he though the recall did away with the hose. I said well what about the unfiltered air getting into the motor through the open hole. He suggested stopping at Sims radiator and getting a cap for it. Well I did and capped it. Well last weekend when I was under the car, I noticed the hose plugged into the air pump and the other end hooked on the power steering rack instead of plugged in to the intake air duct. Dang, can't you get anybody to anything right? Well I noticed that there is oil leaking from what appears to be from behind the OPTI. They just replaced that under warrantee like 3 months ago. Obviously they didn't replace the seal from the OPTI to the timing chain cover. A $3 part they could have replaced to do it right. An all day job to replace it now. Man. The first time they worked on it replacing the OPTI, when I got the car back, the radiator fan shroud was not hooked on the bottom clips. It was just hanging from the top. I decided if I ever have a car worked on again, I will ask them to put it on a rack for an inspection before I pay for it.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I can kinda relate with you guys. Hayward Chevrolet has always been a pain to deal with. When I was first buying the Z, I asked the prev. owner to get the ABS diagnosed and to have a general inspection done on the car, just to make sure everything was alright with it. They tell me that the front-right speed sensor is bad. So, I pick up the car and go home...only to notice that, after 3 mi. of there "diagnosing" that they had burned 1/4 of a tank of gas. I call back and they deny it, of course, and assure me that the wiring for the harness is sound. Well, after buying Joe 1320's old hubs and putting them on, I noticed that the wiring to the "problem" sensor is frayed. So, I figured I'd just get a part number off of them and leave it be...never deal with them again. First, they give me the wrong part number. I call back and then they won't give me the part number, something about keeping me from getting upset at them. Then they tell me it'll be $100 for the friggen harness. Never in my life have I had so much problem with a shop...which is why I only deal with shops now, not dealers. I understand the frustration guys...which is why I find it to be worthwhile to find some good shops.
        Steve
        79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
        87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
        93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
        http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Joe I know how you feel. It's like they are never wrong. Must have been like that before.

I had some paint chipped on the hood after the service. When I returned and complained they laughed at me since my car had a couple of small scratches on the side. Like you are getting upset about stuff like that when you have scratches on it already. It couldn't have been the mechanic.
          97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

My wife's ex took his car in for service, and they obviously left a tool under the hood when they closed it. They never said a word to him, and the damage was completely visible. I'm not talking a little bubble, the hood was almost completely punctured!
            '95 Trans Am - A4, LE2 heads, LE1 cam, 1.6 ProMags, Comp R's, AS&M CAI, AS&M 54mm, MAC midlengths, Random Tech. cat, Borla cat back, PCMforless, Vigilante 2800, 3.73's, BMR LCAs/panhard/shock tower brace

Comment

These stories should be enough motivation to get a shop manual and start fixing stuff yourselves. At least we care enough about our own cars to do the job completely, correctly and with enough attention to detail as to not damage anything else at the same time. This is why I do my own work.

Comment

You know Joe, you're really right. For the price of the labor I could get myself some really nice tools. In this case I knew what the problem was. I just wish I had more experience with doing the work, or at least someone around here who could at least help out. But I guess there's only one way to get experience!

Would help to have a driveway....Apartment complex doesn't look kindly to auto work in their parking lot.

This certainly ranks up there with "We need to replace your engine" That was another dealer's solution to my exhaust manifold leak.

I found a good shop here though, only thing is getting a ride to and from the shop. The dealer had no problem doing that. Why is nothing ever easy?!?! LOL!!!
                Joe K.
                '11 BMW 328i
                '10 Matrix S AWD
                Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

I had a similar experence at a jeep dealership. I had brought my cherokee in to have a electric diag. done on my windows and power locks (they started to work on their own ). Anyway, after 3 hours of work at $$ an hour they said they hadn't found the problem; I can understand that so I said to put it back togeather and I'll deal with it. When I got my truck back they had not put the inside plastic pannels together correctly, pulling my handel to open my hood was almost imposable now, and they had accendentaly creased the padding board thing that makes up the inside of the door. So I went back inside and asked them to put it back together correctly and they said it was'nt possable and as for the padding board I would have to pay for a new one! I argued for a while to no avail and haven't gone back since.

I think the major problem now days is that barely anyone takes pride in their work. And it's not just in the car industry ether; it's everywhere. It like a epidemic that people view doing their job as something to do a fast and with as little concern as possable. I wish I could say that I have never done this, but I to admit that I sometimes cut cornors or just plain don't care. Still most of the time when I sit down to do a job I try to get it done right so as I don't have to do it again. Same thing applies to work I do on my car. I'm going to take my time and do it right so I don't have to do it again and also so I don't rune anything.
                  SOLD: 91 Firebird, 350 .030 over, flat top pistons, done up 305 (14022801) heads, performer rpm airgap intake, 292/292 .501/.501 cam, holley 4150 (800cfm) carb, Th400 trans, Gm 10 bolt posi rear end. Currently running 14.6 at 93 mph. Now driving a 04 Mitsu Lancer, slower but at 1.87 per gallon for gas; much cheaper to run

Comment

Ya know, a garage sized personal storage unit costs what..... $70 for a month? Years ago when I had to work on my car and the apartment complex was giving me a rough time, I rented a personal storage unit for a month, problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                      Ya know, a garage sized personal storage unit costs what..... $70 for a month? Years ago when I had to work on my car and the apartment complex was giving me a rough time, I rented a personal storage unit for a month, problem solved.
                      Hmmmm....The gears are starting to turn. Maybe I'll wait for a warning first.....
                      Joe K.
                      '11 BMW 328i
                      '10 Matrix S AWD

Comment

I don't trust any car dealer.

I've been an employee in a Mercedes Benz dealer for 12 years...
                        I know ...I have seen all kind of mistakes on customer cars.
                        Thats why I do everything in my car.

Comment

I agree Joe, but when you don't have the money to get the stuff to scan the ABS for a 93, you do what you gotta do lol
                          Steve
                          79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                          87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                          93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                          http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Working...
                          X