Door Speaker replacement -non Monsoon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door Speaker replacement -non Monsoon

Hey all I've been away for a while. I replaced my beater Sunbird for a Pontiac G5. Its a nice daily driver.

Anyway I've replaced my door tweeters with some Kenwood units and noticed the door woofer cone surounds are breaking up. I went to my local car audio shop, 'Duke's car sterio', and the speakers they had, 6.5", on display didn't quite match. Too large) Does anyone know of a brand and model that fits our cars? I think its the same size as the sail panel speakers although the cone looks slightly different. I'd like to use the stock speaker cages with the built in cross-overs. Its a non-Monsoon 4 ohm, 10 speaker (4-screws) setup so it should'nt be too difficult to find a replacement. (I hope!) I'm keeping the stock head until as its fine with me.

PS here a pic of my new car below.

LT4KM, 160' TS, MAF ends, TB-BP, GMPP 1.6 R/R, SLP CAI, LCA, Adj. tierod, BMR tower brace, 17x9"F/R, 275/40R17 GY F1 tires. WS6 Muffler, LS1 DS. 21mm rear sway bar. Soon to be LT4 heads, intake, & HOT cam

Are you asking about the speakers in the bird or the G5?
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Oh Sorry I was refering to my Firebird with the 10 speaker sound system in the doors. My G5 only has 4 speakers but its not too bad sounding considering what I payed for it.
      I think I found a set of Kenwoods that might work. It has many mounting holes around it so I have to get some specs on it.
      If any one knows for sure of any that will fit my Firebird please let me know.

Thanks.

LT4KM, 160' TS, MAF ends, TB-BP, GMPP 1.6 R/R, SLP CAI, LCA, Adj. tierod, BMR tower brace, 17x9"F/R, 275/40R17 GY F1 tires. WS6 Muffler, LS1 DS. 21mm rear sway bar. Soon to be LT4 heads, intake, & HOT cam

Comment

I have MTX 6.5's in my doors and rear panels. Had to fiddle a bit to install them and they sound ok on the monsoon system
        2000 Z28 SLP sub frames, J&M LCA's, KYB shocks, Waitforme tuning. Ported TB & intake 35/22 swaybars, Firehawk tires

Comment

OK if any one is interested I have replaced my door woofer speakers with a pair of Boston Acustics S65 speakers. They do sound great!

I had to do a little cutting to slot out the mounting holes to acept the stock speaker enclosures and flatten parts of the rim for the screws but did not have to modify my speaker enclosures that the stock speakers came in.

Originally I put a pair of Kenwood tweeters # KFC-T207. I had to glue the cross overs for the tweeters to the inside of the door panel and used the stock cross overs for the woofer. I did have to take of the speaker grills for the stock plastic speaker grills to fit. Everything look totally stock and does not look like I have aftermarket speakers.

This is the 10 speaker F-body set up I have. After listening to my new car, a G5, wich only has 4 speakers stock I was impressed by the amount of bass that the factory firebird system comes with. I don't really care for the big 12" woofers that some people put in the back. I have T-tops and want a place my tops in factory location.

Anyway this is for future reference in case anyone wants to upgrade their stock speakers on a pre-monsoon system.

Comment

Working...
          X