SLP headers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLP headers

I ordered SLP headers almost 5 weeks ago and everytime I call LS1 Motorsports they say that they should be here in a few days and then they will ship to me. I'm for these so I can finish my car. Does anyone else think this is ridiculous? I am pretty pissed off and I want my car back on the road. I was thinking about cancelling that order and getting AS&M's, but I already have the install kit and Random Tech cat for the SLP's. Any ideas on what I should do?

Andy
    '94 Formula M6, XE224/230 w/1.6 RR's, hardened pushrods, Comp R lifters, SLP ceramic coated shorties, Random Tech cat., Flowmaster cat-back, CSI water pump, vented opti, PCM tuning by Spraytheway, BMR k-member, SFC's, DSL, LCA's & brackets, adj. PHR
    339 RWHP, 341 RWTQ
    '00 S-10 ZR2

Hmmm....I ordered some from TByrne. They came in 2 weeks. I agree that 5 weeks is a bit excessive.
    Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

I waited 3 months for my Hooker headers from Jet Hot...it could be worse

And my car STILL isn't done yet...been working on it now for 4 months.

KnightFire
      1993 Formula Firebird
      Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

AS&M's for the lt1"S get them they fit nicer ....

Stealth Performance
        www.stealthperf.com
        (503)531-3170
        (leave message)
        E-Mail:
        sales@stealthperf.com

Comment

I would like to get the AS&M's now, but I've already bought the rest of the stuff for the SLP's.
          '94 Formula M6, XE224/230 w/1.6 RR's, hardened pushrods, Comp R lifters, SLP ceramic coated shorties, Random Tech cat., Flowmaster cat-back, CSI water pump, vented opti, PCM tuning by Spraytheway, BMR k-member, SFC's, DSL, LCA's & brackets, adj. PHR
          339 RWHP, 341 RWTQ
          '00 S-10 ZR2

Comment

Call SLP direct and see if they are in stock. Maybe they are back ordered. At least it might help you know if LS1 Motorsports is giving you the straight story.

My advice is always order the pile of parts in the winter when things are slower and have everything ready for the springtime when you are ready to do the work.

Comment

call SLP, if they haven't shipped yet & still need to get coated - if the have, but jethot is telling you a month- their is a place near me that does ceramic coating with the same warranty for the same price. I just got mine redone & they look as good or better then jethot with 1 to 2 week turn around. the place is Johnsons powdercoating in Burlington NJ - they are pretty popular with the local racers here. E-mail me if you want more info.

Hyper

Comment

Working...
              X