Argh..... car took a puke.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argh..... car took a puke.

Had to go on a 3 hr. one way trip this morning and return later in the afternoon. Took the Cadillac and about an hour into the trip, it starts leaking coolant. It was a slight leak, I thought no problem and pulled into a repair shop. An hour of labor and $1 length of hose and I was on my way. Or so I thought...... Next redlight the car was puking it's guts , could be water pump, headgaskets, I don't know yet. After AAA saved my butt and towed it back home, I'm tired, cranky, but glad that it wasn't the T/A. Poor Caddy has just under 200K miles, and I am not in the mood for major repairs on this car. Ironic I just picked up the Camaro and got it road worthy. That may end up being the daily driver for the short term. I HATE cooling system problems. Makes me wonder how soon before we'll have mucho high torque electric motors that are quiet and don't require wet cooling systems. I think it would be so cool to be able to out accelerate a typical V8, yet be stealthy and quiet as a mouse.

I absolutely love AAA. As long as I can spare the money I'll have an account with them. So far they've proven they're worth to me many a time!
    Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

I have AAA through my cell phone. I know this sounds bad but I have no idea if it's a good deal or not. It's $2.99 a month added to the phone bill. It was easy and for $3 a month, not worth checking out.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Don't mean to take this on a tangent but....

Jeff, did you get a AAA card? Go to aaa.com and check out the benefits. The AAA credit card gets me %5 of all gas purchases. Gas when you need it, unlock your door, tow you as far as 200 miles with the plus membership. And that's just the tip of the iceburg.

On the caddy....at least it's not an electrical problem. Now those are a real pita to track down. Once you get it diagnosed at least you'll know where you stand.
        Joe K.
        '11 BMW 328i
        '10 Matrix S AWD
        Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Joe, Sorry to hear about the Caddy.

For a while there I had lots of problems with my Olds. I had the $3 rescure deal on my cell and it paid for itself many times over. It does the gas and key locked in thing and tow. It's not as good as AAA but it worked for me.

I actually still have a deal on my cell phone but the amounts of tows and other services are limited per year.
          97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Re: Argh..... car took a puke.

Originally posted by Joe 1320
            I HATE cooling system problems.
            Ditto
            2001 Pontiac Trans Am A4
            Black/ Black Leather
            http://www.cardomain.com/id/nighthawk2001

Intake plaque and engraving pics at:
            http://www.cardomain.com/id/nighthawkinc

MTI lid, K&N filter, Free Mods, !Nostril, True dual exhaust with Dynomax Bullets

Comment

Working...
            X