wierd problem.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wierd problem.

when I turn my headlights on my abs light comes on. if I turn the lights off it goes off. this does not happen all of the time but it seems to be doing it more recently.

also, when the lights are on and the abs light is on sometimes the cruise control does not work. I think it may be a low battery or the alternator is going bad but I do not know. The alternator is the original one and the car has a 145,000 miles so I guess it would be this. but the battery does stay charged and starts strong.

where does my alt guage need to be when it is running. I am about 13-14 (alittle above half way.) should it be higher?

thanks again

I think I remember a post with a similar problem that turned out to be a tail light out causing this.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

That's what I'm thinking as well. The cruise won't work if you have bulbs blown, or if you have a bad ground on your taillights. This would also show up when you turn the lights on, and could make the ABS come on because it is tied into the same circuit. Check the taillights, then get worried.
      "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

lights

yea if your abs inop light comes on its more than likely your third brake lights are out or a tail light
        have you out run a ford lately

Comment

13-14 is exactly where the alternator should be. The Alt is fine. CHeck the bulbs and connectors.

96 TA Sold!
          87 TA Sold!
          80 Z28 Sold!
          74 Formula Sold!
          73 Z28 Sold!
          69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

You guys know your stuff!!!!!! I have no blinkers working and it is because something is wrong in the taillight circuit. I took both taillights off the other day and I have one loose ground ( I pulled it out of the socket by accident) but I got it to work for a little while then it quit working again.

The other side (drivers side) when I turn on the blinker both of my drivers side taillights go out and stay out. they will not flash. I did get them to flash a few times by moving the bulb inside the socket but it was never consistent. Any ideas on how to fix this or should I take it to a shop for them to trace.

thanks again for your help. you guys are helping me get my car back in top shape.

Jason

Comment

tail lights

i would replace the sockets with new one shouldnt be that expensive and you wont have to worry about it again you might try a junk yard for the prts you need or after market parts house like cert fit good luck
              have you out run a ford lately

Comment

Working...
              X