ReLoc. Bracket Function. Urgent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ReLoc. Bracket Function. Urgent

Alright. Im under the impress that REGARDLESS if an F-body is lowered, Its a good idea to have Relocation brackets. The Idea behind this is that at even at stock height the control arms are best when the Axle mounting point is lower than the Body mounting point. The purpose of this is so when the car begins to Sag on a hard launch, the control arms prevent the Axle from moving up into the body and "Forces" the axle & tires into the ground thus Giving one Better grip.

Now am I on the right track with this theory or am i miss-informed?
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

You're in the right ballpark. What happens is when power is applied, the wheels attempt to turn and the differential attempts to rotate the opposite direction. The torque arm and control arms limit the rotation and those parts exert the force to the chassis. Lowering the rear control arm attachment point increases the leverage that the control arms have when acting against the chassis. As the axle tries to rotate, the rotational force pushes the differential down, the result is the chassis rises in the rear. Obviously this is great for traction when launching.

Comment

And Is effective in even a Stock height F-body correct?
      Eddie
      2000 M6 Trans Am
      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
        And Is effective in even a Stock height F-body correct?
        Yes .
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Yes. .....
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Thanks guys. Theres 2 guys over at LS1Tech that have no clue what they are talking about when it comes to performance suspension. Im no master what so ever but I have an idea of what im talking about.

All they do is Flame. It reminds me why I like F-body.com so much. Its lot full of people that cant grasp the fact that they might be wrong.
            Eddie
            2000 M6 Trans Am
            Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Thanks guys. Theres 2 guys over at LS1Tech that have no clue what they are talking about when it comes to performance suspension. Im no master what so ever but I have an idea of what im talking about.

All they do is Flame. It reminds me why I like F-body.com so much. Its lot full of people that cant grasp the fact that they might be wrong.

I love this place because over at LS1tech I feel like a customer. Here I feel more welcome!

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

There are other sites too. currently, I'm being labeled as a crazy Nazi Admin on another site. Some guy registered on here, the first post immediatly started challenging tech help being given, he got all bent out of shape when I deleted a bunch of posts (some of them mine), all the while he was setting me up on the other board. His thread on the other forum starts off with "I wasn't stirring up trouble" lol........ but first post was antagonistic and "he doesn't need any suspension work, I cut 1.59 60' times with a bone stock suspension" No matter what, he was determined to draw attention to himself and show off to all his fellow keyboard warriors his prowess with a "poor picked on me" routine. Then the antagonistic PMs start. The thread on the other forum is horrible, each member posting in that thread comes off as an arrogant trash talking punk.

It really makes me appreciate the members on this forum. I can't remember the last time I had to get involved in a thread due to a flame war or other content needing censorship. The members on here certainly know how to express themselves without degrading others and I'm sure I speak for all the moderators when I say "Thank You" for monitoring yourselves and not letting this place turn into the typical internet bashing forum.

Comment

-------------
                  Eddie
                  2000 M6 Trans Am
                  Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

I couldnt say it better myself. Oh well Once again thanks for the responses guys.
                    Eddie
                    2000 M6 Trans Am
                    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Irrelavent to thread topic...

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                      There are other sites too. currently, I'm being labeled as a crazy Nazi Admin on another site. Some guy registered on here, the first post immediatly started challenging tech help being given, he got all bent out of shape when I deleted a bunch of posts (some of them mine), all the while he was setting me up on the other board. His thread on the other forum starts off with "I wasn't stirring up trouble" lol........ but first post was antagonistic and "he doesn't need any suspension work, I cut 1.59 60' times with a bone stock suspension" No matter what, he was determined to draw attention to himself and show off to all his fellow keyboard warriors his prowess with a "poor picked on me" routine. Then the antagonistic PMs start. The thread on the other forum is horrible, each member posting in that thread comes off as an arrogant trash talking punk.

It really makes me appreciate the members on this forum. I can't remember the last time I had to get involved in a thread due to a flame war or other content needing censorship. The members on here certainly know how to express themselves without degrading others and I'm sure I speak for all the moderators when I say "Thank You" for monitoring yourselves and not letting this place turn into the typical internet bashing forum.
                      I agree!

This forum has the atmosphere of a "neighborhood" or quite possibly a "brotherhood"

I thank all of the kind post-ers who have helped me understand vehicles and "problem-solving" better. Thanks to all!

"if you are asking for an opinion, be prepared to receive one!
                      -Ryan-

1997 Pontiac Firerbird Formula LT1/T56
                      2006 Pontiac G6 GTP, 3.9L V6, 6-spd

Comment

Like he said, on the suspension question- think reaction forces- you accel the wheel one way, the axle/diff twists the other way- there is one short moment where, as the back end of the car is being pushed skyward, the reactive force is pushing the tires against the pavement harder, and that is when you will have maximum friction-"bite" Catch it just right and you can really launch-

On the LS1tech comment, + ninety million- I regularly get bashed and insulted over there trying to tell some truth or intelligent comments- my feeling is that a bunch of teen-agers with nothing better to do hang out and stoke each other's egos. I had a PM chat with one of the admins about how a thread turned into a bashing fest. It can be entertaining to read if you take everything with at least 2 grains of salt- but, yes, the atmosphere here is much more friendly- a bunch of guys that like vehicles and try to help each other out- guess you guys are stuck with me!
                        2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
                        "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

Working...
                        X