Ignition question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignition question

I just changed my spark plugs from some Autolite $1.50 plugs to Bosch Platinum +2's. However I couldn't get to all of them. My headers are blocking two of them. Is this going to cause problems with the ignition or anything else if I just ignore them or do I have to remove the headers.I would appreciate any advice. thanks in advance

cc 304 Cam, BBK Headers, Magnaflow exhaust, Eagle Crank, 1.6 Rocker Arms, Zoom Racing clutch, Pulley, Computer upgrade, Hurst short throw shifter,KNN filter

I would not ignore them, but it will be ok until you can get them changed.
    Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

What advantage do you feel you gained by going to the Bosch "+2" plugs? Multiple electrodes are a gimmick, and in some cases result in shielding the spark. Just use the correct NGK Iridium plug.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

The guy at Autozone has a SS Camaro and said they were good on his. The Autolite plugs that were on there look terrible and rusty around the edges. Do they sell NGK at Autozone? Also when I take the headers off do I need to replace the gasket?

cc 304 Cam, BBK Headers, Magnaflow exhaust, Eagle Crank, 1.6 Rocker Arms, Zoom Racing clutch, Pulley, Computer upgrade, Hurst short throw shifter,KNN filter

Comment

Originally posted by 97WS6-Bird
          Also when I take the headers off do I need to replace the gasket?
          Yes.

I used AC Delco Iridium plugs starting about 6 months ago. No way to tell how long they will last at this point. They better at $6 each. Surprising they were not hard to change in the Vette even with the SLP headers. The Camaro was a different story. BTW they carried them at Advance Auto.
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Working...
          X