Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slp Roll control install instructions

Hi all,

I just bought a used SLP line lock kit for my 93 camaro. However i don't have any instructions. I went to SLP's site but had no luck finding any. Just need to know where i need to tie the lines in. I'm assuming i will need to put some teflon tape on the threads also to avoid leaks. Thanks in advance for any help.

Lew

Well All you have to do is tap into the front brake line from the master cylinder over to the Block (That block that I believe controls the ABS or something).

I dont recall how exactly the '93's are but its pretty much the same idea. Did you get the pre-bent lines as well?

Also be careful when you loosen the OG lines. They sometimes strip and then you will seriously have a ball loosening them up.

Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Thanks and yes i have the prebent lines.

Comment

Sounds good. Yeah just make sure to use a relay and hook eveyrthing up using proper conections and not mickey mouse anything. Saves you from drama down the road.
        Eddie
        2000 M6 Trans Am
        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

get flare nut wrenchs otherwise u will strip the nuts and no need for tape on the threads, should be at least a double flare on the end of the line
          2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Will do thanks again. Do i have to drain the whole system or can i get away with adding the new lines followed by bleeding?

Comment

Originally posted by 93/96 f-body
              Will do thanks again. Do i have to drain the whole system or can i get away with adding the new lines followed by bleeding?
              considering that you probably don't know how old that fuid actually is, if it were me there would be a complete fluid change.

Comment

Originally posted by Trash man
                get flare nut wrenchs otherwise u will strip the nuts and no need for tape on the threads, should be at least a double flare on the end of the line
                I believe they call them Fuel Line wrenches. Even with those considering the age, you might have to take some vice grips to them. We had to on my brother '96 Z. Joe has a good point. Just go ahead and change the lines and follow that with a good Bleed to every corner of the car. This way you have all new fluid through the lines. When I got my car 2 years ago, I went to bleed the air out of the front after the line-lock install and the fluid was Green. It was nasty so I went through about 4 res. full of break fluid and man what a difference it make in the pedal feel.
                Eddie
                2000 M6 Trans Am
                Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
                  I believe they call them Fuel Line wrenches.
                  http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item....re&dir=catalog

flare nut wrenches, they arent jsut used on fuel lines, as we all know
                  2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Hmm, thats what we used to call them back in the days. ha ha ha

but yeah those.
                    Eddie
                    2000 M6 Trans Am
                    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Thanks everyone. Joe guess that was kind of a dumb question considering i haven't changed the fuild and who knows when or if it was ever changed. I'm sure it has as old as the car is.I had fluid break down on my motorcycle once and being in a sealed system it was amazing how dirty the fluid gets after time.

Comment

Working...
                      X