Advice, please, on Hotchkiss Strut Tower Braces

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice, please, on Hotchkiss Strut Tower Braces

Several years ago, I installed a BMR STB on my '98 WS6 Trans Am. I have been pleased with it, but am now thinking of switching to the better-looking (I'm a sucker for better-looking) Hotchkiss STB.

Does it install as easily as the BMR? Any clearance problems? Any other problems or advice?

Your comments would be appreciated.
    R.i.K.

'98 WS6 TA (white, of course!), Hurst Billet/Plus shifter, BBK intake manifold, McGard “blue-ring” lug nuts (12x1.5), PowerSlot brake rotors, Hawk brake pads, Stainless steel braided brake lines, Pontiac arrow, Hotchkis strut tower brace, MBA MAF ends, Reflective Concepts lettering, MTI carbon-fiber look airbox lid . . . and one greying, somewhat eccentric owner.

I have one on my 1999 M6 TA with traction control. Installation was alittle tricky due to the traction control lines, but easy to figure out. It took 15 minutes to install. Check with Hotchkis about installing on an automatic Transmission. I would think the Auto Trans filler stick may get in the way unless they have a trick (I'm sure they do).
    1999 Black TA Ram Air M6 with lots of Mods and many coats of Zaino!
    http://community.webshots.com/user/runbikejrb1

Comment

Go for it. A simple install as already noted. Be sure to uise the spacers that come with it to make it a solid mount.
      2000 Z-28 Convertible, neutral leather interior and neutral top, hotchkis STB, SLP Bowtie Grill, WhisperLid, K&N, cold air induction

Comment

Working...
      X