McLeod clutch value

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McLeod clutch value

August. I returned these to Mcleod as per their instructions for the newer flywheel design (what they told me was the original 'diaphragm' (sp?) design had problems at high rpm and was replace with a 'three finger' design which is much stronger).

I don't need these right now so I'm putting them up for sale (NOT HERE, don't yell at me yet!). I've priced other clutches in Jegs and Summit Racing (Centerforce, Hayes, Ram, Spec) to price compare. Thunder racing and McLeod only sell this clutch as a kit with the master cylinder, for $800. If I subtract the Master Cylider from the kit, that gets me a clutch worth $541.

How does this sound to you guys? From this info I'd put the clucthes up for (starting) $500. Any advice on how these compare to other clutches. Otherwise I'd have to ask closer to $350.

Thanks for the advice.

Sorry for the partial post above, here's the complete post.-->

I have two new Mcleod Clutches I got when I bought my '98 Z in August. I don't need these right now so I've decided to sell them (NOT HERE, don't yell at me yet!). I returned these to Mcleod as per their instructions for the newer flywheel design (what they told me was the original 'diaphragm' (sp?) design had problems at high rpm and was replace with a 'three finger' design which is much stronger).

I don't need these right now so I'm putting them up for sale (NOT HERE, don't yell at me yet!). I've priced other clutches in Jegs and Summit Racing (Centerforce, Hayes, Ram, Spec) to price compare. Thunder racing and McLeod only sell this clutch as a kit with the master cylinder, for $800. If I subtract the Master Cylider from the kit, that gets me a clutch worth $541.

How does this sound to you guys? From this info I'd put the clucthes up for (starting) $500. Any advice on how these compare to other clutches. Otherwise I'd have to ask closer to $350.

Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Good clutch from what i've heard, but pricey. Thats no the twin disk set up is it??
      96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
      11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

No it's the single disc.

Good but pricey gives me a good reference. I guess we'll see what happens.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X