Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to the board !! help with cats please!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the board !! help with cats please!!

I just bought a triple white 98 z28 convertible 6 speed and i need a lil deeper sound to it. The old guy that had it before me replaced the stock tips with some nice ass stainless steel ones so i don't want to take those off and replace them with a new catback system. Im gonna be cheap and I wanna either gut the cats or replace them with straight pipes. I live in florida and we dont have emissions I found a pair of cats that were already gutted and welded for $50 from a 2000 z28. Will these fit my 98? 50 bucks is cheap in my estimate for 2 pipes and that way i dont end up having to go through the work gutting my cats and not being able to replace them if i decided too. I know ill need o2 simulators for the rear also and does anyone know where to pick them up???

Are these the tips you got? http://www.claire-marie.net/IMG0007small.JPG I didn't want to spend a lot of money on an exhaust either. The Dynomax was ~$250 VS the ~$750 for the Borla or Corsa. I also didn't want it that loud. Just deeper. I think it sounds pretty good.

As for the cats, it's kind of a waste of time. There is very little flow restrictions from the cats these days. I'm not going to preach to you about the morals of it. I'm not a greenie but it just isn't worth it.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

jeff is right the cats are extremely efficent. dont worry with it, a flowmaster will replace your stock muffler for a lowbuck great sound,and cool tone.

Comment

Working...
      X