Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now this is my question... How many of you turn the Climate Controls off before...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now this is my question... How many of you turn the Climate Controls off before...

Now this is my question... How many of you turn the Climate Controls off before turning the car off... I was just wondering... because my friend with the 98 firebird does it and some other people with Firebirds and Camaros do it as well... Why and should I do it...?

Later...
    Mara...
    Thanks
    MaraSport

I do it every single time I shut off the car. I couldn't tell you why other than maybe to reduce the load on the engine when it starts up?
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am A4
    Black/ Black Leather
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/nighthawk2001

Intake plaque and engraving pics at:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/nighthawkinc

MTI lid, K&N filter, Free Mods, !Nostril, True dual exhaust with Dynomax Bullets

Comment

Yea i do the exact same i always turn it off when i shut the car off i couldnt tell you why just a habit

Comment

I always leave mine on. The drain is not enough to make a difference at startup. I figure the more I play with the controlls the faster they will wear out.

The same idea goes for just about anything... The more you fiddle with it the faster it breaks.

A prime example is headlight switches. on off on off on off. A switch can only flip so many times before it wears out or breaks. Do you flash your lights when you see a cop?? I used to do that, then I had to replace headlight switches in 2 cars the same summer. I dont flash anymore. It just wears out the switch prematurely.

apply this to anything... a general rule.

Comment

I used to be anal retentive about it. Now I don't care. haha Life's too short to worry about these things.
          LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by tabahr
            Do you flash your lights when you see a cop?? I used to do that, then I had to replace headlight switches in 2 cars the same summer. I dont flash anymore. It just wears out the switch prematurely.
            Boy am I glad I don't live in Wisconsin. You guys must have a lot of cops around

Why have something if you can't enjoy it to the fullest? Don't use the breaks & lights, they might wear out.
            97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

i do it just because the sound of the vacuum is cool sounding
              hahaha
              I am just a kid at heart and imagine shutting down a fighter jet
              HAHAHA!!
              Attached Files
              Brian Diehl,USAF

1995 Z-28 Polo Green with chrome ZO6 rims K&N and Flowmaster

Comment

Originally posted by Black97
                Boy am I glad I don't live in Wisconsin. You guys must have a lot of cops around
                Drive through Rosendale sometime.

Comment

I am in the habit of turning off the AC (when I absolutely just HAVE to use it, don't need the heater) and the sound system before I shut the engine off. It just seems to make sense to not have those things on through engine startup.
                  Living in the pools, They soon forget about the sea...— Rush, "Natural Science" (1980)

Formerly "gauSSian" from my f-body days.

Comment

Working...
                  X