Damage coverup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damage coverup

Somone hit my car and messed up the front end... where the hood meets the front end theres a gap about an inch bigger than it should be and a small dent on the front its nothing major just enough to really tick me off so i was thinking of at least for now getting a front end cover to hide the damage but i havent been able to find a picture of any on a 1993 Firebird to see what it looks like if anyone has 1 or a picture please let me know. Thanks

Fix it right. Bras look really dumb. Whenever I see a car with a bra on it i figure it is messed up and the owner is trying to cover it up. I've seen some really messy cover up jobs. Even my cousin did it once on his 88 Camaro. LAME

Case and point is this post.

This of course is just my opinion, I dont want to start a bra fight.

Maybe a panty raid?? Yeah, that would be cool, a panty raid!!!

Comment

That was the most blunt response I have ever seen. I couldn't agree more. LOL... nice, Tracy.
      Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

I have to agree as well as someone who has tried it and now has a bra with two rips in it that is coming off as soon as i have the time to take it off. It looks worse than the marks on the paint. The two big rips started from two tiny holes about the size of a rock chip and just split from there. At $70.00 a piece it wouldn't take to many bras to just fix it right. Not to mention that it is only 6 months old. Just my $.02.
        Chris

1991 Camaro 3.1 V6 pretty much stock

http://www.cardomain.com/id/clwilson

Comment

Keep in mind also that the bra will probably leave wear marks on the paint that would also have to be fixed, adding to the eventual problem. Unless it's an area that would be re-painted anyway. I always wonder with bras, as with seat covers-what good is saving the paint or seats from yourself-all that means is that the next owner will get a pristine car-shouldn't you be the one enjoying it while it's yours? Just a thought...

Sean

Comment

A couple thots on bras. I have noted several times here on the board that I use one on the Ragtop whenever I get on the highway for a road trip. It's a GM authorized bra, and cost about $100 thru my GM dealer. If you follow some basic instructions, such as clean teh car surface before you put it on, and add a coat of wax first (or I guess an extra coat of Zaino for you Zaino freaks out there), and then take the bra off after the road trip and carefully clean teh bra and nose, you do fine. (I don't leave the bra on continuously.) With 55,000 miles on the Ragtop, and many, many of those highway miles with teh bra on, I can tell you it has saved me tons of rock chips in teh paint and there are no rub marks or damage to the paint from teh bra. Biggest problem?? rock chips in teh hood behind the bra (wish teh bra covered teh whole hood!!)

And personally, I happen to think the bra kinda sets off teh bright red of my Ragtop, so I like it!!
            2000 Z-28 Convertible, neutral leather interior and neutral top, hotchkis STB, SLP Bowtie Grill, WhisperLid, K&N, cold air induction

Comment

would you happen to have a picture with it on my car Firebird is also red i thought adding some black might be a nice touch and also cover the damage 2 birds with 1 stone!

Comment

but...

I thought you wanted to keep two stones from one bird?

couldn't resist.
                NBM '02 Z, SLP Lid, Corsa Cat-Back
                (SOLD 07/03/2004)

Comment

Working...
                X